Gustafsson looked amazing in his last fight as well

doomy200

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
People only seem to be giving Jones credit for how good he looked against Glover... (Rightfully so)

No one seems to be giving Gus the credit he deserves for looking brilliant against Jimi Manuwa. I know people are going to say things like Jimi wasn't ready, etc.. but he is a super dangerous dude with a lot more power than Jones.

Gus looked amazing in his fight, but people seem to be convinced that Jones is back to dominating everyone and will beat Gus because he dominated Glover the way he did.

Gus showed a lot more agression against Manuwa as well, that was a big problem in the Jones fight. (He backed up a lot)

Anyway, I think both guys looked great and it's going to be another epic war when they fight again.

They will when the rematch happens. Don't worry.

If Gus is aggressive in the rematch he will be taken down.

If I was Richard Branson, I would just purchase them both and have them fight every other weekend in my personal Colosseum.

It's going to be interesting to watch their progression the next couple years.

If Gus is aggressive in the rematch he will be taken down.

Which he likely won't be.

He will likely use his amazing footwork like he did in the 1st fight. He knows he can outstrike Jones.

image.php

He didn't look very good. Amazing? No way. Even his nuthuggers were commenting on how "something looks wrong with Gus" in the PBP thread during the fight.

Lol, he was only the #1 contender because that's who Jon Jones and the UFC wanted to fight. He actually had like 0 top 10 wins.

I think he had 1, pretty sure Rampage was ranked when they fought.

Lol, he was only the #1 contender because that's who Jon Jones and the UFC wanted to fight. He actually had like 0 top 10 wins.
Bader wasn't top 10 when they fought?? Yeaaaaaaaa.

Gus has 0 top ten wins.
He was the #1 contender because there was no one else available to fight JBJ that were worthy at the moment that hasn't fought JBJ already.

Gus was losing the fight until he blinded Malumba (or whatever his name is) with a blatant intentional eye poke.
He looked pathetic.

If Gus tags anyone that many times they will go down. He is developing some serious punching power.

Jimi was no slouch and he'll prove it in upcoming fights. Once Gus is champ and Jimis picked up a couple of wins you chuckleheads will be talking about how he'd win a rematch vs Gus.

Manuwa was an easy opponent and expected win for Gus.
Texeira was an easy opponent and expected win for Jones.

Difference is that Gus asked for Jones and had no say in who he would fight next, while Jones begged Dana not to fight Gus and asked for Glover.

gus1-300x300.jpg

If Gus tags anyone that many times they will go down. He is developing some serious punching power.

Jimi was no slouch and he'll prove it in upcoming fights. Once Gus is champ and Jimis picked up a couple of wins you chuckleheads will be talking about how he'd win a rematch vs Gus.
You should use your talents to become a standup comedian because THIS IS SOME FUNNY SH*T!

image.php

He didn't look very good. Amazing? No way. Even his nuthuggers were commenting on how "something looks wrong with Gus" in the PBP thread during the fight.

Really? I thought he looked great. Manuwa was 16-0...that's no slouch. He KTFO'd Manuwa.

Manuwa is not Glover Texeira, but still...credit where it is due please?

Back