Gustafsson @HW?

Anytime I hear about a LHW moving up to HW I question their success and even with some of the best ever like Jones, or Gus. There is a reason why there has never been a LHW since we've started watching this sport move up and do well at HW. There has been HW's moving down and then back up, but never the other way around.

Perhaps the size is too much.
Rashad
Randy
Cormier

Those are HW's moving down. I was referring to LHW's moving up in weight as in the case of Gus or Jones

Again I think the problem is that what you need to succeed at LHW and HW tends to differ, at HW you can perhaps getaway with not having the very best cardio or quite as rounded a skill set(although of course some have both) but you need serious finishing ability and either good defence or an amazing chin.

Gus vs Rumble I think shows you the problem the former would have and indeed Rumble does seem like someone who could actually move up to HW successfully if he ever actually fights again.

He gives up in fights. The last fight with Jones was served up on a platter. We have seen worse fighters, win or lose, go out and attempt decapitation for the belt. His moment came and gone.

He gives up in fights. The last fight with Jones was served up on a platter. We have seen worse fighters, win or lose, go out and attempt decapitation for the belt. His moment came and gone.

What fight has he given up in? There's a difference between choking and quitting lol

He would get SMASHED at HW.

He doesn't have the tools for that division AT ALL.

What does he bring besides height and reach that would translate to HW?

Not power (incredibly important at HW). Not will to fight, dude has one foot out the door.

When a guy is halfway out the door, the LAST fucking thing he should do is go against the hardest hitting giant monsters.

Gus is more skilled than 99% of hws

All about his power, which won't be enough

Which is why he'd get wrecked.

HW more than ANY other division is skewed towards power and granite chin and away from skill.

HW is all about, I can take your punch and you can't take mine. (At least to a MUCH greater degree than lower divisions).

Gus' skill would help but his power will not be on anyone's radar whatsoever and until he could prove otherwise, guys would walk through his punches.

He's already skinny-fat at 205. At HW, he'd just be... fat.

Gus is the tallest LHW fighter

He' s ducking HW.

did I get that right?

Some of you greatly exaggerate the difference in punching power between lhw and hw. He'd most likely have enough pop to make guys respect him and he's far more technical and faster than nearly everyone in the division. I can see Francis and dc beating him though.

Gus will smash Smith on Saturday and then announce his move to HW...

Hopefully ...

Gus would definitely make waves at HW, top 5 for sure.

Back