Gus's record is actually not good

Well he barely ever fights so there's that

What's his best win, Glover?

Record aside, who will ever forget the time Gus showed the world Jon Jones is a mortal.

0c06a-12.gif

Never ever and never since has anyone made Jones work for that W like that.

Lhw division is the weakest. Jonny walker is top 3 lhw for wins over Cirkunov and Roundtree. lol

Dude is overrated. Pushed hard and given many title shots cause European.
To an extent yeah, but he is so well regarded primarily because he gave the two most dominant LHW champions of his era there toughest and most controversial tests.

He's similar to Cheal in that his crowning achievement was "almost" beating a true great and he did it twice. ( As technically did Cheal).

Dude looks like he doesn't even go to the gym, showed up in terrible shape for the Jones rematch.
Should be ashamed to show up looking like a professional videogame player to an athletic main event.

Are people still sick clinging to that first Jones fight? Jones clearly won 3 rounds.

Gus is more famous for the fights he lost than those he won. Plus he never fights. Going 3-4 over a 6 year period does not qualify you as a great even if you "almost" won a few of those big fights.

I agree. His 2 biggest accomplishments are losses to jones and dc

Yeah, his record is pretty bad now. Wouldn't be suprised if he loses to Smith. He seems to lack motivation and possible jet lag from his recent fights. He needs to train state side instead of Europe to contend again.

Lhw division is the weakest. Jonny walker is top 3 lhw for wins over Cirkunov and Roundtree. lol

Last Roundtree fight he looked pretty good, and Johnny is obviously good.
LHW might not be the strongest but HW will always be the weakest. Besides maybe Fly and Bantam (I don't watch women or manlets.)

Record aside, who will ever forget the time Gus showed the world Jon Jones is a mortal.

0c06a-12.gif

Never ever and never since has anyone made Jones work for that W like that.

Yeah I don't understand how people put so much emphasis on beating number 3's when he did so good against number one. If the goal of fighting is to prove how good you are, not really much fighting other people does which is why dude barely fights. Like after this and Rumble/DC/Bader/Davis gone, every other 205 fighter is a can whose career is being sacrificed just doesn't make sense. They only throw him against gatekeepers now and can you really blame them?

My biggest issue with him is not his herky-jerky style, his losses, or the way he folds in big fights by laying back (Masvidal-style). It’s that he sits for years on the sidelines demanding title shots, instead of staying active.

Last Roundtree fight he looked pretty good, and Johnny is obviously good.
LHW might not be the strongest but HW will always be the weakest. Besides maybe Fly and Bantam (I don't watch women or manlets.)

125 was stacked issue is no one watched. Great division, MM's title defense list was impressive, dominated two rematches to guys who almost beat him the first time and two of his other opponents are dominating overseas. Also finished the guy who got his belt by controversial decision.

135 is stacked too but they don't spread title shots around so it never really showed. It's like a 155 but where the issue doesn't get the same attention.

205 was horrible in 2016/2017 when Jones/Bader/Davis all left at the same time but now division is stacked again with young talent and some nice 185 imports. If Jones just beats everyone again no one will appreciate this time though cause we never got a shot to see them compete without him the way we did the earlier generation.

Back