Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ApplesVild, May 26, 2019.
What's his best win, Glover?
Gus is the epitome of an "almost was"
Dude is overrated. Pushed hard and given many title shots cause European.
Came close to beating Jones and Cormier... He is kind of like the Buffalo Bills of MMA, beats almost everybody but the top.
Or Chael in modern times.
Should of @Melas Chasma
Let's see what he says about this
Chael beat Silva twice
edit: and tito tapped
The athletic explosive fighters are his kryptonite
He falls into the same group as Moose for me. Really good, but not quite good enough. However theres a legion of fans who will claim otherwise.
Poor guy . Had like 15 wins on his arm. Now he is too chicken to mark all his losses. Just stopped completely
He has good wins vs manuwa and shogun. Thats not bad.
What ever happened to @Toco he was the biggest Gus nut ever.
The Spartan’s record is better. What’s your point?
I think he has the physical tools but mentally folds.
Marty was given a title shot over Colby because hes African
Bader > Gus
has he updated his triangle tat with the recent losses?
Basically beat Jon Jones
Got bulldozed by Rumble
Gave DC a very hard fight
In between all of this he sat on the side lines and demanded more title shots.
Moose or Mouse? Mouse wouldn't make sense so I am assuming you mean Gegard.
Gus has a ton of potential that he has shown in his losses:
1. Phil Davis did nothing in that fight with his wrestling or striking until green Gus got overconfident and took him down, where Davis got a kimura.
2. Most people thought he won against Jones.
3. DC clearly won but it was a very close fight. Gus' corner did nothing to help him in the clinch where he kept getting uppercutted.
4. Gus' corner called him to through a kick in English which Rumble take advantage of and there was a (non-intentional) headbutt. Who knows if Rumble was able to land other big punches but Gus was more fluid on feet.
5. Gus injured his groin in the second Jones fight and Jones was pulsing.
But his winning record is not that great - Shogun on the beginning of the decline and old Glover. Manuwa is an okay win.
overrated? He would beat (or has already beaten) everyone Jones faced except for Cormier. Gus would destroy Smith and Santos too.
Separate names with a comma.