Gus will beat anyone else at LHW - Can we at least agree on that?

I don't see Glover beating Gus. Davis is a threat and we all know he's capable since he's beaten him before, but I think Gus has improved a whole hell of a lot since then and takes a rematch.

Jesus, really? I suppose we all still believe Jon Jones is still invincible, but now that Gustafsson took him to the brink, now Gustafsson gets the Jon Jones invincible treatment too?

Not saying who wins, but Glover is a dangerous MF'er. If we learned anything at all tonight, it should be that none of us have a clue who is capable of beating who.

Great point.

I think Machida could cause him problems due to matchup stuff. But pretty much.

Davis I dunno either I guess. But probably.

Machida would cause him problems because Gustafsson would actually engage him giving him more chances to counter.

I think the obvious answer is Mousassi, the guy everyone is avoiding

Lol? So you don't think Cormier could beat Gustafsson?

Cormier isn't at LHW yet and we can't even be sure that he would own the best in the division until he faces someone good.

Glover - I don't think so. It took an ungodly, torqued spinning elbow right on the forehead to hurt Gus and he held it together. Glover doesn't have that type of strike in his tool kit.

Machida - Gus trades with Machida for the KO

Davis - Doubt they'd fight unless it was for the strap so probably won't be happening for a while

Evans - Going to sleep

Hendo - Too slow...yeah, actually feed Hendo to Gus as a rebound fight. That would rule.

Gegard - He hasn't beaten any top UFC brass and Gus is a little better IMO

Sasi definitely can. Only thing is Gus will take him down and try to bully him on the ground.

It's okay if/when Mousasi loses on the ground because he still beats the shit out of the other guy. Sometimes he loses the official fight, but he always wins the war.

Shogun did better than Jones did

But really if he fought someone like Machida or Evans he would tool them

Phil Davis
Daniel Cormier

Only two guys who have a shot at him. At this point, Gustafsson is clearly better than anyone Jones has faced, so we can rule out the likes of Machida, Rampage, Rashad (lol he would NOT take Gus down for 5 rounds without being rocked terribly).

He just beat Jones....who else is beating him at 205? He's a stylistc nightmare for anyone in that division

Come on, you really believe that? There are more guys who match up better with Gus than Jones. Gustafsson just happens to be one of the only guys who matches up with Jones.

Just because he arguably beat Jones doesn't mean we are going to start to subscribe to that MMAth crap.

What hurt Gus more than anything was the lack of an in between fight, the one he would have had with Gegard. Jones was just a tiny bit more seasoned than him and it showed in the championship rounds. I think Gus needs to fight one of the following guys:

• Hendo
  • Little Nog
  • Mousasi
  • Or even Jones 2

Cormier isn't at LHW yet and we can't even be sure that he would own the best in the division until he faces someone good.

Glover - I don't think so. It took an ungodly, torqued spinning elbow right on the forehead to hurt Gus and he held it together. Glover doesn't have that type of strike in his tool kit.

Machida - Gus trades with Machida for the KO

Davis - Doubt they'd fight unless it was for the strap so probably won't be happening for a while

Evans - Going to sleep

Hendo - Too slow...yeah, actually feed Hendo to Gus as a rebound fight. That would rule.

Gegard - He hasn't beaten any top UFC brass and Gus is a little better IMO

Being the soothsayer that you are, I suppose you also had the foreknowledge to predict how this fight tonight was going to play out, right?

You have no idea how any of those fights play out and neither do I. That should have been the lesson we learned tonight.

What hurt Gus more than anything was the lack of an in between fight, the one he would have had with Gegard. Jones was just a tiny bit more seasoned than him and it showed in the championship rounds. I think Gus needs to fight one of the following guys:

• Hendo
  • Little Nog
  • Mousasi
  • Or even Jones 2

I'd put him in with the winner or even loser of Evans/Sonnen in a main event because we know if they can go the distance, they can push him in those championship rounds to give him some more experience going 5.

cormier really needs to drop to 205

Last I knew, he said win or lose, he was going to drop down after the Nelson fight. But I suspect if JDS is able to beat Cain, he might entertain the idea of trying for the HW strap.

What I wonder is if Cain were out of the title picture if he would consider moving down to 205. Especially if Cormier did stay and even beat JDS for the title.

Maybe, maybe not can't really say that. Even Jones might lose to somebody else.

Being the soothsayer that you are, I suppose you also had the foreknowledge to predict how this fight tonight was going to play out, right?

You have no idea how any of those fights play out and neither do I. That should have been the lesson we learned tonight.

I actually say I was pretty close in how I viewed the fight...see for yourself:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/jones-vs-strikers-relates-gustafsson-2557369/

Jones impressed me too, but I truly felt that Gus would take Jones into deep water. These guys will fight again, and I also predicted a trilogy two years ago before Gus fought Vlad:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f44/jones-vs-gustafsson-trilogy-1828705/

Back