Gus vs Jones: UFC faked the stats (pic included)

someone made an error putting the stats together. someone pointed out this error. error was corrected.

but no, it's a conspiracy.

Well you could also just watch the fight and decide for yourself which one landed more and which ones were more significant.

Jones's face might be a bit of an indicator on the "significant" factor as well.

He got outstruck by quite a margin.

Well you could also just watch the fight and decide for yourself which one landed more and which ones were more significant.

Jones's face might be a bit of an indicator on the "significant" factor as well.

He got outstruck by quite a margin.

Sooo......

Superficial damage to the face and a cut due to a grazing punch is an indicator of the number of significant strikes landed?

and..

The many kicks Jones landed don't count as strikes? Is that how you arrived at the conclusion that Jones was ''outstruck by quite a margin''? Do you only count face shots? How does this work?

Last edited:
Close fight I thought gus won but regardless I just feel privileged to have been able to watch such a war! Respect to both guys and I'm a gus fan for life now! Ufc can pay judges to score how they want and fudge figures but it won't detract from the spectacle that took place. Bring on the rematch!

one thing also, even the stats that say Jones outlanded Gus reveal that 58 of those significant strikes from Jones were leg kicks.
I'm sorry but those leg kicks shouldn't count as much as a clean punch to the face.

gave round 1 and 3 to Gus, round 2 and 5 to Jones, round 4 even.
Sure Jones landed a hard elbow that rocked Gus and the end of the round. but to me it wasn't enough to just steal the rest of the round where Gus also had Jones hurt and was basically picking him apart.
So there you go this fight was a draw.

First pic seems inaccurate. Significant strike number is identical to overall strike number. Jones won the decision, Gus won the scrap. All in all foty

First pic seems inaccurate. Significant strike number is identical to overall strike number. Jones won the decision, Gus won the scrap. All in all foty

That's because it's basically some guy with a clicker smashing a button every time they think someone landed a strike during the fight. Imagine how inaccurate Garcia's unofficial striking stats are every fight.

example:
asdf.gif

How many of those punches actually landed?

Not saying the first count was correct, but Jones sure as fuck didn't land more significant strikes in that fight. At least not the fight I watched, twice.

Sooo......

Superficial damage to the face and a cut due to a grazing punch is an indicator of the number of significant strikes landed?

Who said that?

Yeah, Jones basically had a scratch on his eyebrow from the only strike gus even half landed in the fight. His other eye was shutting just out of sympathy and his lips swelled up to triple of their normal size because they did not want to be disproportionate to his eyebrows.

6a00d8341bf8f353ef019aff8bdddb970c-900wi

The many kicks Jones landed don't count as strikes? Is that how you arrived at the conclusion that Jones was ''outstruck by quite a margin''? Do you only count face shots? How does this work?

Of course they count as strikes. Are they more significant (which one of them was helped out of the octagon by two guys, on to a stretcher and into an ambulance?) than the obviously insignificant strikes by Gus (proven insignificant by the impact, and Jones's absolutely fresh condition).

In UFC, doctors seriously consider stopping championship fights due to "grazes", it's standard procedure.

This is how you saw the fight:

Just-A-Flesh-Wound-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-4964886-800-450.jpg

Who said that?

Yeah, Jones basically had a scratch on his eyebrow from the only strike gus even half landed in the fight. His other eye was shutting just out of sympathy and his lips swelled up to triple of their normal size because they did not want to be disproportionate to his eyebrows.

Of course they count as strikes. Are they more significant (which one of them was helped out of the octagon by two guys, on to a stretcher and into an ambulance?) than the obviously insignificant strikes by Gus (proven insignificant by the impact, and Jones's absolutely fresh condition).

In UFC, doctors seriously consider stopping championship fights due to "grazes", it's standard procedure.

Pic didn't load, but don't worry I stopped reading after your obvious trolling anyways. Thanks for giving me reason to not take your comments seriously though, that makes things much easier for me. If you try a bit harder you might come up with something reasonable, but I probably won't read anything you write after this gem of a post.

Enjoy your QQ, though.. It helps to let it out sometimes.

Watched the whole fight in slow motion 3 times, and I have a total number of LANDED strikes of :
Jones - 81
Gus - 93

Pic didn't load, but don't worry I stopped reading after your obvious trolling anyways. Thanks for giving me reason to not take your comments seriously though, that makes things much easier for me. If you try a bit harder you might come up with something reasonable, but I probably won't read anything you write after this gem of a post.

Enjoy your QQ, though.. It helps to let it out sometimes.

Looks like I just grazed you with that post, and you came back with an absolute beast of a leg kick.

I am deeply troubled by the fact that you will now not read my posts anymore. I am REALLY dependant on obviously biased people liking my posts. Means the world to me.

Would you reconsider your stance on my posts, if I ignored my eyes and agreed with you completely?

Who said that?

This.
A lot of strikes landed by Jones were leg jabs in Gus's knees. Sorry but that shouldn't count as significantly as a clear punch to the face.

Looks like I just grazed you with that post, and you came back with an absolute beast of a leg kick.

You didn't try harder..:icon_sad:

I'm going to sleep now. I can only hope that you've come up with something better than that by the time I wake up. Cheers.

So you think they made such a big mistake counting the strikes? I mean, on the left stat Gus has almost 200 strikes, on the right only 114. According to the UFC stat he landed only 38% of his strikes...as I recall, Gus was pretty successful landing his punches.

Which is more likely. The guy counting in real time makes an adjustment after counting the strikes again, or a vast conspiracy to make their #1 competitor look bad.

Remember how your brain worked before being washed?
You couldn't name one example where the difference between the unofficial and the official stat is so big like in the Jones-Gus fight. Take a bit of your own medicine, you little, naive media-zombie.

Dont worry, you are the extra special one who sees through all the lies. Its everyone else who is wrong.

Back