Gus Vs Jones Round per Round Stats **

It was pretty obvious when he was saying "Jones Gus", he was letting you guys know that Jones's stats were on the left and Gus's were on the right. Shouldn't have been that hard to figure out lol

Edit: Guess he edited after the fact, so my apologies if I came off as a smart ass :D

lol yea man it was pretty bad at first

so in light of all the controversy of the fight , i decided to count the strikes (because i have no life while the girl takes over tv ) round per round . i also added some details, keep in my mind this isnt a "who won" discussion , these are just the stats i counted (might be completely wrong) , after watching the fight carefully( ive watched fight about 7 times) .
i counted all kicks for Jones because even when some were blocked you could tell it still had an effect. i did not count visibly blocked punches or missed elbows so here ya go guys :cool:

ROUND 1
FIGHTERS:Jones / Gus
Punches: 1 / 16
Kicks: 17 / 6
Elbows: 1 / 0
Take Downs: 0 / 1
TD attempts 0 / 1
*Jones almost seems shocked , also 1 highlight from gus,*which was the cut and then 2 for jones in between rounds

ROUND 2
FIGHTERS: Jones / Gus
Punches: 2 / 25
Kicks: 21 / 5
Elbows : 1 / 0
Take Downs: 0 / 0
TD attempts: 2 / 0
*jones seems to have woken up but still cant deal with speed, all jones seems to throw are kicks but theyre effective

ROUND 3
FIGHTERS: Jones / Gus
Punches: 12 / 32
Kicks: 22 / 3
Elbows: 2 / 0
Take Downs: 0 / 0
TD attempts 1 / 2
jones kicks are starting to slow alex movement , gus landing a lot of punches (closest round ) 2 highlights for jones 1 for gus

ROUND 4:
FIGHTERS: Jones Gus
Punches: 10 / 31
Kicks: 13 / 3
Elbows: 6 / 0
Take Down: 0 / 0
TD attempts: 1 / 0

Couple of things , first this was alex best round*almost landing at will until he got lazy on a failed or fainted td(not sure). Jones elbow was beautifully timed very impressive heart of a champ. Gus was not nearly as bad as ppl make it out ( he started throwing right after) but he def got rocked . Official gus chin is made of adamantium, jones landed 5 more elbows flush after the big one and gus kept throwing. 3 highlights for jones 0 alex

Round 5
FIGHTERS: Jones Gus
Punches: 8 / 21
Kicks: 17 / 0
Elbows : 1 / 1
Take Downs: 1 / 0
TD attempts: 1 / 2
flying knee for jones as well
*alex is visibly tired , but still throwing , he was*still throwing , jones unbelievable heart still throwing despite the damage. Alex was closer to being finished this round due to exhaustion but still made it a close round with jones finishing strong

all in all unbelievable fight , jones def has the heart of a champ and alex is def a future champ, props to both.
i would had posted some hot girls pic to go with it but my pc wont let me for some reason sorry :cool:

PS: sorry guys tried to make it all fancy and easy to read and turned out oppossite sherdog messed up my post lol

Head strikes only:

Jones Total :28 Gustafsson total: 125

WTF happened there lol.

Head strikes only:

Jones Total :28 Gustafsson total: 125

WTF happened there lol.

jones didnt really throw much punches , most of it was elbows and kicks. gus landed most punches he threw. again this is suubject to being wrong but its a lot better than that rigged ufc shit man

One good thing I see coming out of this is that judges have learned that effective kicks count as strikes too. They've come a long way from the first Shogun/Machida fight.

One good thing I see coming out of this is that judges have learned that effective kicks count as strikes too. They've come a long way from the first Shogun/Machida fight.

yes indeed, but machida shogun is a another completely different thing , we saw kicks demolish an opponent , in this case they surely affected gus but not nearly as much

jones_gus_head_strikes.jpg

why are people still winning from weak leg kicks?

Except they also learned that ineffective kicks count as strikes too. :icon_lol:

One guy kicked at the legs to limit his opponent's movement. He had to be carried out of the cage while his opponent walked. :icon_lol:

jones_gus_head_strikes.jpg

why are people still winning from weak leg kicks?

to be fair they werent weak leg kicks , but to put them over the insane amount of head punches that gus landed is incredible to me

Except they also learned that ineffective kicks count as strikes too. :icon_lol:

One guy kicked at the legs to limit his opponent's movement. He had to be carried out of the cage while his opponent walked. :icon_lol:

while jones kicks were effective they were no shogun or aldo kicks by any means , their effect is being greatly overestimated

Good job, thanks TS

I scored it 1-2-3-4 for Gus, but people told me to GTFO, well guess what mofos :icon_lol:

S10pO65.gif

(I think this gif belongs to frendie2b)

My guess is that you're probably counting those punches blocked by Jones with his shoulder as strikes landed. So it's hard to trust in those numbers too.

Edit: Not trying to hate, though. Great work you put on this thread, dude.

Good job, thanks TS

I scored it 1-2-3-4 for Gus, but people told me to GTFO, well guess what mofos :icon_lol:

S10pO65.gif

(I think this gif belongs to frendie2b)

lmao man u win the internet , and tas certainly one of the possible scores

My guess is that you're probably counting those punches blocked by Jones with his shoulder as strikes landed. So it's hard to trust in those numbers too.

no i am actually not i made super sure of those lol , there were many and i mean many short punches from gus that were causing serious damage that somehow the original stats missed. also another thing jones almost threw no punches save a couple here and there ,his boxing was non existant

Your numbers are wrong, this discussion is getting old as long as jones stays at LHW, Gus is not a future champ.

Your numbers are wrong, this discussion is getting old as long as jones stays at LHW, Gus is not a future champ.

please tell me how i am wrong , it might not be 100% but its def closer than those bs stats they put up before, but surely go ahead mister im open to hearing where u think i might be wrong or even better put up ur own numbers and ill discuss. this discussion was in response to that bs they pulled during the fight of magically changing the numbers (rigged )

are we actually counting Jones's tap kicks as real kicks now?

to be fair they werent weak leg kicks , but to put them over the insane amount of head punches that gus landed is incredible to me

scoring wise it should be:

1. head kicks
2. head punches/elbows
3. body kicks
4. body punches
5. leg kicks

why?
because 1 to 4 either wobble/stun you and take your breath away or interrupt your breathing
number 5 just makes your movement a little bit slower, does nothing of the above

yeah, there are few people with brutal leg kicks like aldo, barboza, barry ect so you have to consider the power behind the strike too

but judges are treating head kicks like leg kicks, srsly wtf?

guys like jones and boetch are winning just because they stay on the very outside, where they try to look busy

outstriking the strikers my ass!

im pretty sure in about 5 years jones striking will be developed and making him even more godly, im not impressed by his standup so far.

its exciting and i like the flashy moves he is throwing, unfortunately theres nothing more behind it at the moment.

his kickboxing is good, he uses the reach good although sometimes dirty with those knee kicks, just unneccesarry... his wrestling is the best in the division (he wasnt expecting the takedown from gus, more strikes should mix in takedowns just to keep their opponent guessing)

he should focus on his boxing to be more well rounded and stop the pawing, just sad for such a high level fighter to fight that dirty

btw. why im bringing up boetch? the same shit happend against lombard
all boetch was doing was kick the leg and backpedal just to look busy, he got rocked badly from punches, that alone should have won lombard the fight. too bad he was so tentative

the point of the comparison is: leg kicks shouldnt win you the fight

scoring wise it should be:

1. head kicks
2. head punches/elbows
3. body kicks
4. body punches
5. leg kicks

why?
because 1 to 4 either wobble/stun you and take your breath away or interrupt your breathing
number 5 just makes your movement a little bit slower, does nothing of the above

yeah, there are few people with brutal leg kicks like aldo, barboza, barry ect so you have to consider the power behind the strike too

but judges are treating head kicks like leg kicks, srsly wtf?

guys like jones and boetch are winning just because they stay on the very outside, where they try to look busy

outstriking the strikers my ass!

im pretty sure in about 5 years jones striking will be developed and making him even more godly, im not impressed by his standup so far.

its exciting and i like the flashy moves he is throwing, unfortunately theres nothing more behind it at the moment.

his kickboxing is good, he uses the reach good although sometimes dirty with those knee kicks, just unneccesarry... his wrestling is the best in the division (he wasnt expecting the takedown from gus, more strikes should mix in takedowns just to keep their opponent guessing)

he should focus on his boxing to be more well rounded and stop the pawing, just sad for such a high level fighter to fight that dirty

btw. why im bringing up boetch? the same shit happend against lombard
all boetch was doing was kick the leg and backpedal just to look busy, he got rocked badly from punches, that alone should have won lombard the fight. too bad he was so tentative

the point of the comparison is: leg kicks shouldnt win you the fight

i agree with ur main point leg kicks dont win fights

Back