Gus Vs. DC

how do u figure jones has the best wrestling at 205...where are his ncaa national titles or olympic team spots....saying jones has the best wrestling at 205 is an ignorant statement.

Ya cuz GSP's collegiate and Olympic wrestling trophies really prov.... oh wait, your an idiot.

DC's speed:

Alex's speed:

If you've laid on Hendo for a round and he's breathing heavily and still is able to slip your strikes... you're not a very quick guy. Cormier is short and stocky and has fairly quick hands so he will appear deceptively fast but he's far from the quickest guy out there when you factor in his feet and body and the exaggerated movements he has to make to put his opponents in range. This will resonate in everything from how he closes distance, to how he avoids Alex's strikes, to how he lands his own strikes, to how quickly Alex will sprawl or get the underhooks and react to DC manipulating his body in the clinch. Hendo was his first real LHW benchmark and the benchmark came back reading "slow"...

Here's a sneak preview of the fight:

Indian-grey-mongoose-attacking-a-snake.jpg

If Gus wins they'll make the rubber match immediately. Don't kid yourself.

I seem to remember Jones unable to take down Gus until the 5th round, in which he got right up.

Ya cuz GSP's collegiate and Olympic wrestling trophies really prov.... oh wait, your an idiot.

Yeah, you're right. Its about the APPLICATION of wrestling into your MMA game. GSP was the best at it even though I don't think he was a collegiate wrestler. He took down Hendricks 3 times (or maybe more I can't remember) a multiple time national champion.

lmao ragdolls worse than Hendo. Seriously? So you thinking Hendo's wrestling is better than Gus' probably means you think Jones wouldn't be able to take Hendo down, cause he couldn't take down Gus till the last round?

Black Fedor is the god, the truth, the holy one. He do what he want, ain toboy stoppin that boy when he gets it, he goin get it real and hard. goin be bigger, stronger ,faster then gus, rumble, jones it dont matter

lmao ragdolls worse than Hendo. Seriously? So you thinking Hendo's wrestling is better than Gus' probably means you think Jones wouldn't be able to take Hendo down, cause he couldn't take down Gus till the last round?

Yeah hendo's Olympic level wrestling is better than Gus's. You can't base Gus's wrestling just off the Jones fight. Don't forget that Jones is great at Greco, Gus defended well against that style. Cormier is great at freestyle wrestling. Remember Gus's Phil Davis fight.

Not saying he isn't better now at wrestling just saying he isn't at that elite level.

DC's speed:

Alex's speed:

If you've laid on Hendo for a round and he's breathing heavily and still is able to slip your strikes... you're not a very quick guy. Cormier is short and stocky and has fairly quick hands so he will appear deceptively fast but he's far from the quickest guy out there when you factor in his feet and body and the exaggerated movements he has to make to put his opponents in range. This will resonate in everything from how he closes distance, to how he avoids Alex's strikes, to how he lands his own strikes, to how quickly Alex will sprawl or get the underhooks and react to DC manipulating his body in the clinch. Hendo was his first real LHW benchmark and the benchmark came back reading "slow"...

Here's a sneak preview of the fight:

Indian-grey-mongoose-attacking-a-snake.jpg

You can take two different gifs from the same two people and make the opposite point. You didn't prove anything...

I could see Jones getting "injured" just to force these two to fight so he can get some tips on each guy.

Gus' footwork and speed might give DC problems, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see DC take Gus down.

Back