Gus Vs. DC

Dsingleton7

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
If Gus wins vs Jones he may very well have to fight Cormier. I could see Cormier Rag dolling Gus worst than he did hendo. What do you guys think?

might get takedowns, but no way it looks like Hendo.

DC ragdolls much bigger guys in practice world class wrestlers so I'm sure whoever he fights will want to be at DC range. :icon_chee It's like running from Jason Voorhies he keeps stalking until he gets you methodically.

DC ragdolls much bigger guys in practice world class wrestlers so I'm sure whoever he fights will want to be at DC range. :icon_chee It's like running from Jason Voorhies he keeps stalking until he gets you methodically.

I agree, plus Gus's wrestiling has never been his strongest attribute

I think Hendo's wrestling is better than Gus's

Both you and Rogan obviously missed Dans fight against Jake Sheilds. Or do you think Shields would take gus down round after round like Jake took down Henderson?

I think its fair to say Jon Jones has the best proven mma wrestling at 205 but Gus was able to shut him down and would easily stuff any takedowns from Henderson.

DC may prove he is the best MMA wrestler at 205 if and when he fights for the title but ragdolling an old worn out, non TRT and shrinking because of it, Dan Henderson, proves nothing.

Jones wants to see this fight, don't be surprised if he pulls out of 177 and DC steps up.

Both you and Rogan obviously missed Dans fight against Jake Sheilds. Or do you think Shields would take gus down round after round like Jake took down Henderson?

I think its fair to say Jon Jones has the best proven mma wrestling at 205 but Gus was able to shut him down and would easily stuff any takedowns from Henderson.

DC may prove he is the best MMA wrestler at 205 if and when he fights for the title but ragdolling an old worn out, non TRT and shrinking because of it, Dan Henderson, proves nothing.

Lol shrinking?? U guys are silly. Dan Henderson is a middle weight, always has been. Chris Weidman weighs much more than Dan Henderson. Several middleweights weigh more than Henderson. The TRT thing is the dumbest thing I ever heard. He fought Rashad Evans off it, remember.

how do u figure jones has the best wrestling at 205...where are his ncaa national titles or olympic team spots....saying jones has the best wrestling at 205 is an ignorant statement.

gus's speed, footwork, understanding of distance, use of various jabs, and upper cuts would make it difficult for DC to take him down. DC would most likely get him down once or twice though. Interesting match.

Dat Phil Davis wisdom.

519620936_YouGotMe_answer_1_xlarge.gif

If Gus can somehow keep it standing then he'd win, if not, DC will throw him around and have Gus second-guessing on the feet.

how do u figure jones has the best wrestling at 205...where are his ncaa national titles or olympic team spots....saying jones has the best wrestling at 205 is an ignorant statement.

GSP must be the worst wrestler in all of mma by your logic, look at all his ncaa titles and olympic team spots.

Btw DC destroys Gus imo. I wouldn't be surprised if he beats Jones as well but I can't choose a winner, Jones is as elite as they come as far as wrestling goes so it'd be interesting but if I have to choose who will win in the wrestling department I'd definitely go with DC.

I think DC would throw Gus around but Gus will keep getting up . I also agree JJ may pull out of the Gus rematch because he don't want to fight either of them he would want to fight say Anthony Perosh instead . JJ is a weak champ IMO he should take on anyone not try and play match maker . It should be Gus vs JJ first if he gets past Gus then DC Should be next .

dc all day. I think he would get takedowns all night and gnp to unanimous or tko

I said MMA wrestling. Its not NCAA titles or olympic medals that are proof of MMA wrestling, its what happens in the cage.

I would say GSP has/had the best MMA wrestling at 170lbs and he has never competed in any wrestlinng competition.

I ask Tom Erikson on the ask the fighters forums over a decade ago who he thought the best wrestler in MMA was to that point in time. Was it Mark Shultz or Kenny Monday? Mark Coleman or Mark Kerr? He said in his opinion it was Randy Couture, the least decorated of them all. Because its MMA wrestling, and Randy was a genius at it.

I also stated DC could prove he has the best MMA wrestling at 205 if and when he fights for a title. I like wrestling, i like wrestlers and i look forward to seeing Jon and DC fight. But til it happens Jon is still the champion, and has still proven more in the 205lb divison in MMA, which is the sport we are talking about, not wrestling.

Back