Gus to Jones: We're supposed to be role models.

Gus is a changed man. Jones SNORTED a DRUG in his nose

What is morally wrong with using cocaine? So what, because the government tells you its bad...its bad? Gus is a convicted felon who has committed some pretty brutal assaults on innocent people. Jones likes to party.

my take:

gus did something regrettable when he was younger and is a changed man.
jones is still living his teenage years with his antics.

plus gus didn't OFFER this statement, he was asked.

As the gap between their skill widens, maybe Gus can appeal to the children for help. Maybe he'll write a kid's book with Madonna.

What is this sport coming to? Who's the better role model???????????

Gus didn't come in as a wrestler and was able to take Jones down a few times, something even Cormier was having trouble with. Jones is phenomenal for his ability to absorb new skills quickly but if you think Gus isn't doing the exact same thing you're not paying very close attention. Should be a hell of a rematch with two of the best even better now

Neither are good role models at the end of the day.

Jones isn't because of the coke shame.

Gustafsson is also the same person who is on Facebook making memes out of the Jones scandal, he's laughing at Jones situation, along with the fact he's a felon.

Neither are.

No, he hasn't made any 'memes', stop bullshitting.

Today I learned being 18 is a teenager.

Lol, seriously? Yet another reason to not take you seriously. Everything from thirTEEN to nineTEEN is in teen-range. Like, really? You learned that today?

Also: You're comparing the character of a man that TODAY is constantly being a hypocrite, cheating on his fianc

Let's just all ignore KR811 please. He's not going to suddenly change his mind or his victim stance. He's just going to keep pretending this is about race.

Originally made this post to point out how the need of role models is stupid. Race came along after.

There's a difference between making a mistake and then learning from them and growing the hell up....Jones isn't doing that. He's just making them one after another and spiraliing...may need to change his name to Jon "Lohan" Jones

same could be said about Gus when he went to prison, that spiralled out of control. For all we know Jones might change his ways around, he isn't out of control anyways.

First off Gus your're not required to be a role model but if you want to take that role and run with it, the responsibility is all yours.

I don't think anybody is asking for fighter to be great people considering most fighters follow the same script rough up bringing, never enough money, living on that edge of do the right thing or just that thing. The only thing I look for in a fighter his their skill, how they train, and what they do to improve. If that fighter happens to be great person it's a bonus not a requirement.

my take:

gus did something regrettable when he was younger and is a changed man.
jones is still living his teenage years with his antics.

plus gus didn't OFFER this statement, he was asked.

Any normal person would understand that but this is Sherdog..

Lol, seriously? Yet another reason to not take you seriously. Everything from thirTEEN to nineTEEN is in teen-range. Like, really? You learned that today?

In the US the age of 18 is the legal age of an ADULT.

Today I learned being "PC" (whatever the fuck that means) is just as bad as being a Nazi or a Klan member.

PC = Politically Correct.

I see you immediately picked the most extreme cases of racists to make your point (not surprising at all douchebag). Well if you look at the most extreme feminazis and the worst things they say and try to do you would see the equivalence.

Ughh why am I arguing with a moron?

Last edited:
Role model? Should be, if people want major sponsors and contracts to support MMA. All this shit does is give ammo to every politician trying to make his name off defending people from us barbarians. Which is what he was saying.

The fact that so many of you tards can't see this would be disturbing if I didn't expect it.

What is morally wrong with using cocaine? So what, because the government tells you its bad...its bad? Gus is a convicted felon who has committed some pretty brutal assaults on innocent people. Jones likes to party.

Drugs are the new pagans and this is a holy war. Gotta appreciate Jon for showing that you can be one of the most dominant athletes in the world while using an illegal substance on his free time. Not saying coke is good for you because obviously it isn't and people getting addicted and not appreciating the power of the things they put in their bodies can be detrimental but obviously our views on most drugs are absolutely stupid. Land of the free as long as you follow all the rules that don't belong

"I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot. I don

Fighters Are not role models, And Gus should be the last to say that. The UFC officialy defending a ped user is much worse.

In the US the age of 18 is the legal age of an ADULT.

Yes, and it's still a teenager. Notice the eighTEEN part of it's spelling. :icon_lol: FWIW, most 18 year olds Americans can't even get a hotel room until they're 21. I know because I'm American and was once 18.

Back