Gus: "Sign that bout agreement. Let's go."

Nothing so far that I've been concerned about. You get to see instant rematches almost always now when it's close. This may be the one instance and during it, Jones fought another top contender and Gus won a tune up fight.

remember Anderson's reluctance to rematch Sonnen? I think Jones does the same thing, that he ultimately fights, but it's a process like in boxing (at least fights almost always happen, which is the difference). it's either money or protecting a legacy, often the latter since the pay gets to ridiculous numbers that don't really matter like in boxing or won't change much like in MMA.

The only people who thought Gus beat Jones are people who wanted Jones to lose before that fight. beating "some guy" not even in the top 10 should not earn you a spot to fight the 1 p4p fighter in the world. DC should be fighting Jones not Gus.

No, that's simply not true. Every poll I've seen on the subject (who won; Gus or Jones) has like 60-35 majority for Gus. 50k+ votes in total. And guess what? In the entertainment business, the fans decide.

You're gonna have to deal with it. DC is sidelined due to injury, he'll get his shot soon enough.

i honestly think dc deserves the shot more, subbing dan is till a bigger win than any of gus's not to mention beating the heavies on his resume, but its just my thought and ill get bashed

You won't get bashed, no worries!
people will just think you're dumb.

Since it's so blatantly obvious Alex would be a sure pick vs. Henderson aswell

The only people who thought Gus beat Jones are people who wanted Jones to lose before that fight. beating "some guy" not even in the top 10 should not earn you a spot to fight the 1 p4p fighter in the world. DC should be fighting Jones not Gus.

With the way you argue, saying that everyone who disagree with you must hate Jones, you just come across as a kid that can't handle people disagreeing with you. Those argument just brings us to this; talking about the people arguing instead of the arguments.

The UFC wanted a rematch right away. Jones asked for Glover before they could talk to him though, despite saying that Glover wasn't ready to fight him just a few days earlier, so they gave that to him instead. If the UFC wanted a rematch right away it's clear that Gus will get it after beating another guy.

How can you guys not want the rematch when the first fight was awesome? Who cares who won, I just want to see that again. DC is a great contender but I think Gus is a more dangerous opponent for Jones.

Their mentality is...allegiance to favorite fighter > good fights

Both DC and Gus are worthy of title shots and will both likely make it a great fight with Jones. You cant go wrong either way.

i honestly think dc deserves the shot more, subbing dan is till a bigger win than any of gus's not to mention beating the heavies on his resume, but its just my thought and ill get bashed

Yes... but the money is Gus-Jones rematch and then DC fighting the winner.

Gus fought a fringe top 10 fighter his last fight. Jones just fought the #2 Ranked LHW. Gus needs to relax, Jones has been running through a marathon of murderers for multiple years now. Let's see Gus take on the competition Jones has....

Isn't DC hurt?

Gus fought a fringe top 10 fighter his last fight. Jones just fought the #2 Ranked LHW. Gus needs to relax, Jones has been running through a marathon of murderers for multiple years now. Let's see Gus take on the competition Jones has....
What is your point? Who should Bones fight then since DC is out of the picture for the time being!

With the way you argue, saying that everyone who disagree with you must hate Jones, you just come across as a kid that can't handle people disagreeing with you. Those argument just brings us to this; talking about the people arguing instead of the arguments.

The UFC wanted a rematch right away. Jones asked for Glover before they could talk to him though, despite saying that Glover wasn't ready to fight him just a few days earlier, so they gave that to him instead. If the UFC wanted a rematch right away it's clear that Gus will get it after beating another guy.

the judges, media and man reffing the fight, pretty much everyone whos job it is to be non biased gave it to Jones.

I see where you are from o let me ask you who did you want to lose that fight...LOL

No, that's simply not true. Every poll I've seen on the subject (who won; Gus or Jones) has like 60-35 majority for Gus. 50k+ votes in total. And guess what? In the entertainment business, the fans decide.

You're gonna have to deal with it. DC is sidelined due to injury, he'll get his shot soon enough.

Actually you're wrong in MMA the judges decide. They decided Jones and so did every single MMA media website except for BJpenn.com. The fans don't mean jack in these decisions.

Only jones haters will bash you. DC deserves the shot over gu. Gus has a shot and lost and has done nothing to earn a new one.

Okay, well your premise is wrong. It's not only Jones haters. DC beat the coffee guy and Dan. Gus unquestionably gave Jones his hardest fight, then dispatched of Manuwa. While it's not the most impressive thing in the world.... given many thought he should have an immediate rematch.... no reason to dislike Gus in a rematch.

No hate for DC though. The guy beat Bigfoot and Barnett. Without it being his fault, he just hasn't had much of a UFC run. Hasn't been bad at all... just isn't something that makes it a MUST for a title shot. I do very much hope we see him fight for it though.

Gus is really milking that loss for what it's worth... Jon sign the agreement and send this guy back to getting choked out by Phil.

Jon Jones isn't an uneducated fool. He isn't going to fill a stadium overseas without being sufficiently compensated.

Renan Barao only wishes he did the same. He was a marionette for the UFC and look where that got him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually you're wrong in MMA the judges decide. They decided Jones and so did every single MMA media website except for BJpenn.com. The fans don't mean jack in these decisions.

Facts like these mean nothing to rabid Gus fans like HeexX.
These fans would have Bones fight Alex over and over until Gus wins once.

Jon Jones isn't an uneducated fool. He isn't going to fill a stadium overseas without being sufficiently compensated.

Renan Barao only wishes he did the same. He was a marionette for the UFC and look where that got him.

Exactly. The only person looking out for Jones' best interest is Jones. Being a company man for the UFC 9 out of 10 times gets you jack shit.

I'm talking about the fans deciding who gets the next fight, not who won the first.

Back