Gus: "Sign that bout agreement. Let's go."

cormier beats a retired mw and gus beat a dangerous lhw but yet cormier did the most to deserve the title

oh jj lovers, but remember, jj can run but he cant hide, they are both dangerous matchups, and y, cormier is injured so it has to be gus, so sign this shit already jj

And the rematch is guaranteed to do over 350k. But Jones begged for an easy fight against Glover instead.

I don't care much for Gus. What's next, you're gonna look at my sig and think I'm hating on Jones because he beat Shogun and Chael? You people are all too predictable.

Begged? He was asked which one.

Uhhh ...

Jones is negotiating a new contract. Not a deal for a single fight. He's in the middle of negotiations. The wait is on that, not him agreeing to this fight.

If you legitimately think Jones is scared or afraid of Gus, you might have a mental disability.

And You are obviously in denial.....see how that works! :icon_chee

This is the guy that got destroyed and was on a brink of getting KO'd. Why is he getting a title shot?

Because he was 1 minute away from winning the belt when he got caught with an elbow. That's probably why.

Uhhh ...

Jones is negotiating a new contract. Not a deal for a single fight. He's in the middle of negotiations. The wait is on that, not him agreeing to this fight.

If you legitimately think Jones is scared or afraid of Gus, you might have a mental disability.

This. Jones finally is renewing the contract after being the best LHW in the divisions history. There is a lot of money getting negotiated here. He could argue that he is the UFC's biggest draw now that GSP is gone and Silva is dethroned. He wants dat Silva moneh

i honestly think dc deserves the shot more, subbing dan is till a bigger win than any of gus's not to mention beating the heavies on his resume, but its just my thought and ill get bashed

DC deserved it more. Gus already had his chance. I feel like he needed one more win to get back into title contention. I really hope DC's next fight is for the title...vs who I will have to wait and see.

Not backtracking. He could be scared. I'm not sure. He took an ass whooping in that first fight.

Gus is just answering questions. He's not a shit talker. He's a fighter.

And yes, Jones beat Gus, but it was a very, very close fight won by the smallest of margins (I personally scored it 48-47 for Gus but I don't think 48-47 Jones is a bad score). Jones himself said Gus won rounds 1 and 3.

Well, if you're not sure, stop typing that you're certain Jones is from your perspective and then backtrack...

Either way, I thoroughly agree with you about that fight. It was incredibly close. If it went to either guy, I wouldn't have had an issue. However, it went to Jones. Therefore, he won it. It's going to be a great fight, I'm sure.

I just refuse to believe a guy who fights for a living is afraid of another grown man in that same capacity. Maybe he's slightly weary of losing his stature within that division and his belt, but someone like Jones strikes me as a person with extreme self confidence; the same as Gus.

And the rematch is guaranteed to do over 350k. But Jones begged for an easy fight against Glover instead.

He begged? Hahahahaha...

I'm done with cans.

cormier beats a retired mw and gus beat a dangerous lhw but yet cormier did the most to deserve the title

oh jj lovers, but remember, jj can run but he cant hide, they are both dangerous matchups, and y, cormier is injured so it has to be gus, so sign this shit already jj

Because Gus had his chance 2 fights ago. DC was on the waiting list for too long.

I don't care much for Gus. What's next, you're gonna look at my sig and think I'm hating on Jones because he beat Shogun and Chael? You people are all too predictable.

But Jones begged for an easy fight against Glover instead.

begged for an easy fight against Glover

easy fight against Glover

1302020863_breakdance-garbage.gif

Well, if you're not sure, stop typing that you're certain Jones is from your perspective and then backtrack...

Either way, I thoroughly agree with you about that fight. It was incredibly close. If it went to either guy, I wouldn't have had an issue. However, it went to Jones. Therefore, he won it. It's going to be a great fight, I'm sure.

I just refuse to believe a guy who fights for a living is afraid of another grown man in that same capacity. Maybe he's slightly weary of losing his stature within that division and his belt, but someone like Jones strikes me as a person with extreme self confidence; the same as Gus.

Agreed on all points.

Retired MW? Come on man. The Hendo win was impressive, especially the way he won it. Hendo was manhandled.

according to sherdog, if jones isnt immediately scheduled to fight someone, he is scared and ducking

hes been afraid/ducking:
-machida
-sonnen
-rashad

and now gus

the gus one is funny because he already beat him and said he wants to fight him again lol

But Jones begged for an easy fight against Glover instead.

begged for an easy fight against Glover

easy fight against Glover

1302020863_breakdance-garbage.gif

I know man. Some of the comments you see in this place make you just cringe.

Glover was the number 1 contender before the Gus fight. Why would he not fight Tex next?

Jon is a top-notch boss. He'll play this out exactly the way he wants to. Not the way desperate contenders want him to.

Back