Gus path to victory?

Zabit 145 Goat

Who iz nyext?
Banned
Reaction score
I'll be pulling for him but what should exactly be his path to victory?

Box him up early and go for broke?

Land combos as often as possible and hope that Jon's chin gets cracked

Hope he got better in the clinch
Jones is gonna dirty box him up like dc did

it will need to be a constant adapting. We saw both of them adapt to each others styles in the first fight, first gus getting past the post, then jon throwing big bows when he caught on. the big thing for gus is to avoid that head kick, he ate a few last fight and jon's tballin so its extra dangerous now. He should work his jab, double up, dip under the post, and try to make it dirty as fuck. He's literally in there with Satan and no one has figured him out yet so I cant imagine gus wins this fight. It'll be the one spot in my life where I have money on the favorite and rooting for the underdog.

Jab more often to the body and head.

Throw the left hook more often.

And as someone stated in this thread, dont let Jones steal rounds at the end.

I think he missed a lot of opportunities against Jon when he repeatedly caught his back (I think a total of 3 or 4 times throughout the fight) and didn't do anything with it.

Hopefully he developed the skills to drag Jon to the ground in those kind of situations.

He also kept getting caught with spinning back-elbows so I hope that he has an answer to that.

Really having the skills to do something about having Jon's back would have gotten him the W and I hope he has that under his belt now.

I think that in that fight- Gus should have came out with more to build on for a rematch than Jon.

Basically do what he did last time only better. Keep it on the feet and box. Avoid the wrestling. Control the tempo of the fight.

The same thing he did the first fight except a better gas tank and watch out for elbows. It was one elbow that lost him that fight.

Do what he did last time. It was a great fight.

T-bol or bust.
Only way Gus has a chance is if he levels the playing field.

This fight should be canceled.
JJ should be arrested for assault.

UFC 232 is a disgrace.

More low kicks, clinch and dirty boxing uppercuts.

Drill evading spinning elbows

Set up a sneaky one time only high kick

Jones's chin is still Tbol enhanced. Probably needs to take a decision or get a sub here.

Regardless, he won't end up with a loss. Best case for Jones is a victory that gets turned into a NC.

Back