Gus not getting any respect

Last night was down to Gus being better than people expected, not Jones being worse. Otherwise what does it say about the rest of the division...You know, the ones Jones walked through?

Exactly.

The world recognizes now that Gus is truly elite. Regardless of who you believe won that fight, everyone can agree that this was Jones's toughest battle yet.

Because then you'd have to respect Jones as a fighter.

It's easier to discredit Gus, so we can pretend Jon Jones is bad

seriously everyone is giving Gus his props

Not really. Most of the noise is that Jones finally fought a guy with reach and height, and look what happened. So Gus is just a guy with size too. Two untalented guys out there who rely on their size. I think Dana even said something about it, and the UFC wouldn't shut up about it, before, and after the fight. The main thing they were hyping from the start was Gus's size and not his skill.

Apparently, it's a shit division full of cans and has been for several years. Jones and Gus are mediocre fighters who are having success against said cans because they have long limbs.

Sherdog logic at its finest :D

I'm shocked to see people talking about Jones being awful, not being p4p contender, Barao better than Jones. Everyone needs to stfu and realize that Gus is that good. JOnes fought a hell of a fight against amazing competition.

It's sad that mma fans are so completely moronic and dismissive. So JOnes has a tough fight and doesn't dominate so automatically he is garbage? I literally can't read this forum anymore it shows no hope of mma fans actually educating themselves.

Jones is good, but he is no where near top P4P after last nights performance. And yes Gus is that good, they are both top tier in LHW divison.

Aldo and GSP and Silva are or were just lightyears ahead of Jones, Jones is only great fighting smaller guys, he's Good fighting guys he's size and He'd get wrecked fighting in HW.

I'm shocked to see people talking about Jones being awful, not being p4p contender, Barao better than Jones. Everyone needs to stfu and realize that Gus is that good. JOnes fought a hell of a fight against amazing competition.

It's sad that mma fans are so completely moronic and dismissive. So JOnes has a tough fight and doesn't dominate so automatically he is garbage? I literally can't read this forum anymore it shows no hope of mma fans actually educating themselves.

The less time you spend worrying about other people's opinions on Sherdog the happier you'll be. Just enjoy the fights and avoid the forums.

I personally have Jones winning 48-47 (can somebody find the judge that scored it 49-46 and revoke their ability to ever watch another fight again?)

Gustaffson made a fan out of me that night because he went up against a champion who has absolutely dominated every single person he's gone up again and gave him the absolute toughest challenge of his career.

Even if the scorecards didn't line up in his favor, he proved he's one of the absolute best fighters in the division and he most definitely belongs with the elite of the UFC

Your opinion sucks

How isn't Gus getting any respect? Do you not see the countless threads of robbery ect

Both men should be respected.

Gus for his TDD, heart & proving the doubters wrong.

Jones for his heart, and will to win. Even down on the score cards and his face bashed in, he won the final 2 rounds edging out the decision.

Dude is a warrior.

I agree, Alex is getting massive amounts of respect. Alot of it coming from the people who thought he was gonna get killed in round one "by whatever Jones want". Its refreshing to see how a loss can be a total eyeopener for people. Jones is a great great fighter but now most people understand that Alex is up there as well.

Back