Gus needs to fight at HW

Gus shouldn't have accepted a fight with a known PED cheater, who the UFC had to move fking states to keep the event on.

Thought he'd "take the high road" and win the moral victory and he ended up getting embarrassed.
Who?

Maybe I'm an idiot but outwith Ngannou bumrush I could see Gus controlling that fight. Fanboy glasses on though.

Yes, you are an idiot. Lol. It would be like Gus vs Rumble only 10x worse for Alex.

I think Gus likes the height advantage he had at LHW. If he came back and went up to HW then that would be gone.

sure, if you want to see him get battered to death by some guy who has 1/4th the skill level but is about 40lbs heavier and only advantage is that he was born with a giant bone structure.

Maybe I'm an idiot but outwith Ngannou bumrush I could see Gus controlling that fight. Fanboy glasses on though.

Haha, I can't help but picture Gus being laid out cold or running away all the fight

Yeah I kind a agree but not by very much, also Ngannou is way bigger but he seems to be getting better, he is like a Uber Rumble now

Sounds like a video game character, Uber Rumble!

HW division is so shallow, Thiccer Gus with his skill set and speed advantage could do some notable damage there, but imagine him vs Hardy, Francis or Lewis... and no, I'm not talking about Gus always losing to black guys, I mean the power would be too much.

Still, if he's coming back, I think he'd do better at HW than LHW. Plus, from a weasely PR perspective - the dude did just retire in front of his home crowd - if he comes back at HW, he can just say he did retire... from LHW.

It's a scary proposition for Gus.

He doesn't have enough power to stop anyone with punches at HW. He has devastating knees but HW guys are usually taller so that makes that difficult. He could outpoint them from the outside but that leaves him fighting for 15-25 minutes trying not to get caught because if he gets caught... night night

Best thing would probably be if he can be mobile enough to score TDs and work his top game on the fat HWs

I just don't think he has that fire anymore. Ever since losing to AJ in Sweden the guy seemed to have one foot out the door. However I could see him doing decent at HW if motivated.

Back