1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Gus is a false hope

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by MikeyLan, Jan 4, 2015.

1. DyinHawaiian #FEELTHEBERN

Where you at Georges? Where you at motherfucker?!
    Ooooh, this is going to be fun.

2. Jehannum Double Yellow Card Banned

[​IMG]

By Empty EMP

3. Got GOAT Banned Banned

Not really. Here's why. Gustafsson is a bad match up for Jones. I know because I actually know what I'm watching, while he's just going with Jones until he loses. He's a follower, not a leader. Two, after Gustafsson beats him up again and this time finishes, I take his account. It's an account bet after all. Three, did you miss the "new account" part of his message to you? Even if Gustafsson were to lose, I'll still be back.

It's a lose-lose for you Jones "fans", and I use that term with a cringe. I've also been back from the dead before, just ask your new found friend about that. :)

4. Dramacydal Red Belt

I think Gus won the first fight, but I believe Jones would win a second fight quite convincingly. Just a feeling.

5. DyinHawaiian #FEELTHEBERN

I really don't give a shit if you come back. :icon_lol:

Gustafsson will lose and will never get a title shot again as long as Jones is champ, that's all that matters. You can say all the bullshit you want, Gus is not prepared for the beating he will receive.

6. Docile Brown Belt

This is a clear indiciation of your unreasonable bias.

Imagine you and I were to fight, and at the end I am standing with a bloody gash in my head, a bloody crooked smile and limping legs, and I tell you 'hurrdurr I just beat you standing'

You know what you'd be thinking in that situation, as you went and talked to the fans cheering for your picture.

If no judges came along to announce a winner, the reasons why Jones won won't even be considered. He won because he had been constantly pushing forward, controlled the center, and landed spinning shit with the triceps instead of the elbow, making for a dramatic and ultimately uneffective path to victory.

But the actual damage is clearly documented and clearly in favor of Gustafsson due to the success he found standing. There's no such damage to be found in Gus' case.

7. FallonFoxGOAT Banned Banned

Stopped reading here.

Are we in a sanctioned MMA fight with rounds and rules?

Completely. Fucking. Different.

8. DyinHawaiian #FEELTHEBERN

Keep thinking that.

[​IMG]

9. MikeyLan Brown Belt

Jones has already proven he can stand and trade with Gus. In the rematch he'll use a different gameplan and take down Gus at will. Only reason Gus was able to take down Jones is because of the element of surprise. Jones didn't expect it. The rematch will be a GNP mauling by Jones.

10. whynotme Orange Belt

11. Toco Steel Belt

oh the old underestimating his opponent, maybe you can use the "my S&C was bad" by jj even though prior to the fight he said he was killing his numbers from his last camp

gus is fucking him up in a rematch

12. Toco Steel Belt

gnp even though he didnt hold him on the ground for a second in their first match

oh yeah, thanks for reminding me that

jj had his gus moment making cormier cry, now its time to gus do it again

13. Der Eisbär Banned Banned

How the fuck did jones beat gus standing?

14. FallonFoxGOAT Banned Banned

He won the fight.

The fight was contested on the feet.

Ergo, he won the fight standing.

How did he not?

15. Guchie Yellow Belt

I think a lot of people will always hate Jones because he looks much bigger than those he fights in the LHW division, save for Gus.

In a David and Goliath story, people tend to cheer for David, not Goliath. Something about the appearance of a High Schooler beating up kids in the 6th grade leave little to cheer for.

It's not really his fault, he can cut the weight obviously, but even compared to DC he (Jones) looked rather large. I mean, he is bigger than Bigfoot in all things but weight. And he's fighting people like Rashad Evans.

That is probably why he'll never be considered GOAT, even if he does have a pretty good style for standup and wrestling, simply because everyone he fights looks completely outmatched physically.