Gus doesn’t even deserve a title shot

They still need someone to headline 228. Should do Gustafsson vs Romero for the interim belt

He’s the #1 ranked fighter in the division, coming off wins over #5 and #3. How does he not deserve a title shot?

Stop with the fake narrative that Gus is undeserving. DC wanted to fight fucking #8 who didn’t have anywhere near as high as wins, and suddenly STFU about defending his LHW belt when #8 got KO’d by an unranked MW.

Just come out and say DC only wants what he sees are easy pay days. But stop with this narrative that the best ranked fighter in the division isn’t the #1 contender.

He’s the #1 ranked fighter in the division, coming off wins over #5 and #3. How does he not deserve a title shot?

Stop with the fake narrative that Gus is undeserving. DC wanted to fight fucking #8 who didn’t have anywhere near as high as wins, and suddenly STFU about defending his LHW belt when #8 got KO’d by an unranked MW.

Just come out and say DC only wants what he sees are easy pay days. But stop with this narrative that the best ranked fighter in the division isn’t the #1 contender.
I’d love to know how jan earned his top 5 ranking. Was it by losing to pat Cummins,Corey Anderson? Surely
Not just for one sole win over manuwa? This really shows how shit and pathetic this division really is.

I’d really love to know why gus believes he is so deserving of a title shot and is acting so high and mighty?

Lets take a look-

1) Only fought once last year?- check

2)Only fought once the year before? -check

3)only fought twice the year before that and lost them both ( Cormier and Johnson ) check.

Am I missing something?

The guy hasn’t fought more than twice in one year since 2011 and has bacially fought once a year most of the time.

He’s 3-3 in his last 6 fights and those 6 fights have taken him almost 5 years to compete.
Preach. He's still riding the coattails of losing to Jones and DC. Those are his biggest achievements. Can he beat a relevant fighter who isn't on the downside of his career.

I'm kinda ticked off that Volkan pulled out. Gus would have either beat Volkan and shut me up or he would have loss and proved my point that he doesn't deserve a TS.

#8 guy was at least on a 3-0 fight streak and was active.

Besides Gus is "injured" remember? An injured guy can't be scheduled for a fight.

Preach. He's still riding the coattails of losing to Jones and DC. Those are his biggest achievements. Can he beat a relevant fighter who isn't on the downside of his career.

I'm kinda ticked off that Volkan pulled out. Gus would have either beat Volkan and shut me up or he would have loss and proved my point that he doesn't deserve a TS.

Maybe they can re-schedule Volkan vs Gus now, I also want to see it. Volkan is the only LHW now who might be on Gus' level and a legit threat to him. Other than Volkan there is no-one until Reyes gets in to his prime. Reyes is the future of LHW.

I’d love to know how jan earned his top 5 ranking. Was it by losing to pat Cummins,Corey Anderson? Surely
Not just for one sole win over manuwa? This really shows how shit and pathetic this division really is.

The division being shit is all the more reason that the strongest fighter in the division should be getting the title shot.

#8 guy was at least on a 3-0 fight streak and was active.

The only person on #8's 3 fight win streak worth talking about was #9 Anderson. #1 is on a 2 fight win streak over much better competition.

It's a stupid narrative that Gus isn't the #1 contender, and the irony in people not seeing DC suddenly decide he won't ever fight Gus after the guy he wanted to defend against got KTFO is hilarious.

Gus hasn't fought in 15 months and doesn't have a fight scheduled, he should be removed from the rankings.

The last fucking thing this already awful division needs is a champ who fights less than once a year.

the LHW divisions is insanely shallow, he's the clear choice

LOL, he is clearly the best contender by a mile at LHW. The division is trash besides him

I’m a Gus fan and agree he needs another win before he fights for the title. Only legit way I see him fighting for a strap next is if they scrap together an interim LHW title fight between him and Volkan which neither deserve.

lhw is so weak shogun,corey anderson,Ilir Latifi,Jan Blachowicz are in the top 10

The division being shit is all the more reason that the strongest fighter in the division should be getting the title shot.

The only person on #8's 3 fight win streak worth talking about was #9 Anderson. #1 is on a 2 fight win streak over much better competition.

It's a stupid narrative that Gus isn't the #1 contender, and the irony in people not seeing DC suddenly decide he won't ever fight Gus after the guy he wanted to defend against got KTFO is hilarious.
Corey Anderson just beat Gus's best win on his resume.

So how can Corey be trash but he beat Glover (who is Gus's best win) making the statement Gus has wins over better competition null and void.

Gus is most likely the best LHW under UFC contract except for DC. I could get behind a title eliminator fight and the winner gets DC.
Offer him a title eliminator, explain that a title eliminator will be made and if he doesnt take the fight somebody else will and the winner gets the next shot.

Gus should fight more often. I would prefer if DC didnt spend the last few fights of his career being a duck also. Dont like the Brock Lesnar stuff, cslling out Shogun and the tweeting rationalizations on why he wont fight Gus.

Just like to point out that this Gus issue wouldn’t be an issue if the UFC addressed the rankings and set standard requirements on champions. Rankings should reward being active and penalize fighters that don’t fight. For me, Gus isn’t even in the top 10. He hasn’t fought in over a year. Also if there was a set time period in which Champions have to defend their title, we could also do away with this ridiculous strip DC crap.

By the way, DC defended the title a month before Gus’s last fight, and has fought twice at lhw and once at heavyweight since Gus’s last fight.

Corey Anderson just beat Gus's best win on his resume.

So how can Corey be trash but he beat Glover (who is Gus's best win) making the statement Gus has wins over better competition null and void.

Then lets have Gus vs Corey and see who is the better fighter, lol. Fine by me, it will be a massacre.

Then lets have Gus vs Corey and see who is the better fighter, lol. Fine by me, it will be a massacre.
Gus vs Volkan/Smith/Rountree/Corey is fine. The point is to get Gus fighting again. But now he's withdrawing out of 227 because his vagina broke after Smith called him out.

His inactivity should keep him out of a title fight. Dude needs to prove he can make it to the cage twice in 1 year even if it's not for a title.

Gus vs Volkan/Smith/Rountree/Corey is fine. The point is to get Gus fighting again. But now he's withdrawing out of 227 because his vagina broke after Smith called him out.

His inactivity should keep him out of a title fight. Dude needs to prove he can make it to the cage twice in 1 year even if it's not for a title.

How many times it has to be told that Gus was already out of 227 before Shogun and Smith fought..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back