Gus deserves the belt

What is this nonsense? DC deserves the belt because he beat 2 out of 3 of the top guys, while Gus is 0 and 3. There's no sugarcoating this.

article-2428872-1828D1BE00000578-508_634x404.jpg

GrippingKindlyAustralianshelduck.gif

I think Gus is so under appreciated. The guy beat the pound for pound best Jon Jones and got robbed in a decision. He should be the lhw champion right now. He then destroys Jimi Manuwa without breaking a sweat. Which should have earned him a championship fight. But no he has to fight Rumble. Gus being the great man that he is, accepts the fight and basically gets cheated out of the win when he was in complete control of the fight up until Rumble threw an illegal headbutt.

So finally UFC then decided to do what's right after screwing this guy over again and again. They finally give him his well deserved title shot against DC. Gus nearly kos DC and by some miracle fluke, DC steals the decision win.

I honestly feel bad for the guy and think he makes a serious case as the p4p number 1 right now.the funny thing is he could probably go up to hw and win the belt up there if he decided he wanted to, but he would rather fight the killers in the 205 pound division.

Wish people would give this guy a bit more respect

Will there ever be a day when fanboys accept Gus lost to Jones, and not just on the scorecards?
In what universe does beating Manuwa earn a titleshot? At that point, Rumble was the greater man for accepting the Gus fight where gus was Mr entitled at that point and waited so long that Rumble had a better claim for a TS. He also pulled out once of I remember correctly. All gus had was the hype that Gus-Jones 2 had and beating the No 10 guy at the time.
Gus was totally not in complete control vs Rumble up to that point. If I recall correctly it was fairly even with rumble hitting the target a little more than Gus.
Gus got ANOTHER title shot after that either way.

I must say, I do follow you (even though I disagree) up to this point. But in no way shape or form is he P4P no 1. Here you are lost. And thinking he can beat Cain, Overeem, Stipe, JDS etc.....

Gus gets enouh respect, everyone sees him as no4 and with Cormier being pretty old and Jones being out of the picture he has a future at LHW if he fixes his mindset. It's just that his fans keep wining about the close loss vs Jones 3 years and his attitude that make me not a fan.

Gus is a warrior, no doubt. He's been quite unlucky to have such a close fight with Bones, lose narrowly and then, instead of getting the rematch, having to fight rumble and dc. He's slipped away from the title a little, but he's certainly good enough to get back to the number 2 spot if he wants it bad enough. And as someone has said; no shame in losing to the top three guys of LHW.

Can't say I agree with you, TS, about him getting robbed. You have an argument with the Bones match as that one was razor close, but the other two? Nah.

I agree with everything but him beating DC, that fight was close. He is top 2 in my eyes.

PEOPLE PEOPLE PLS LISTEN!Gus is the only white dude in the top of that division!We NEED him!

Pretty much this, idiots think because he's the only top white LHW that he somehow deserves the belt, what a fucking joke. Gus hasn't won a fight in years and only has 1 top 10 win in his career, a close decision over broken Shogun. Look at these trash bags trying to nominate him for Champion like you get to vote for the white guy to be champ and it works. You can vote for Trump, but you can't vote for Gus idiots.

He certainly gave "the big 2" a fight they will never forget... but he needz to actually win. One more after Jan

he deserves the belt ? you earn it by winning not by deserving.

Back