Gaffeln

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Attachments

• Ny bitmappsbild.png
    Ny bitmappsbild.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 15
They should. Like they should have from the beginning.

That's what top contenders do... they fight each other to get a title shot. Not the Jimmos of the world.

I give DC credit though, he signed up to fight Rashad for a title shot. But Gus? Lose to champ and fight Jimmo for a title shot? Nice joke.

That's what top contenders do... they fight each other to get a title shot. Not the Jimmos of the world.

I give DC credit though, he signed up to fight Rashad for a title shot. But Gus? Lose to champ and fight Jimmo for a title shot? Nice joke.

When did Gus fight Jimmo?

[YT]bobp5OHVsWY[/YT]

If Jones refuses to fight they should just strip him of the title and make this for the actual championship, then Jonny can win it back from the champ if he doesn't run off to Bellator.

The first jones/gus fight left so many questions majority of people wanted to see a rematch, jones himself has stated he sees it as a blemish on his record and after he was done with glover wanted that rematch, gus was told if he got past lil nog he got another crack, lil nog was injured(go figure) so minuwa stepped up as a big dangerous striker. Gus put him away and was granted his rematch, a fight majority of mma fans (apparently not jones nut huggers) want to see anyway and now jones is back tracking his word to try and fight DC before he is 100% healthy. Its pathetic to see a champ act this way and he his ruining a legacy he was very close to created
Pre Madonna attitudes are common in boxing, its a sad day to see it come into mma

There are a lot of instances where your "joke" has happened. Junior dos Santos lost to Cain, then goes on to fight Mark Hunt and then gets another shot at Cain. And Cain got his rematch after only fighting Silva, so I don't want to hear it. Manuwa was 14-0 when he fought Gustafsson.

I can see your joke isn't so funny anymore.

Are you people seriously buying this stuff ? This is scripted as fuk ... contenders agreeing to fight for interim ? skipping the champ ?

Please leave Brittney the fuk alone and start "acting" like a sport

Actually, I would like an interim title.

It would cause so many jimmies to be rustled.

There is no "stepping up." This is just a coupla fighters who don't have Jones' leverage genuflecting in the direction of the Fert-White throne.

If the UFC make Gus/Cormier for an interim title, Jones got what he wanted in the first place, which was for them to fight each other. Only way this works is by stripping Jones and making him fight his way back to whoever the champion is.

Hey Jon, you're on Sherdog too?

There is no "stepping up." This is just a coupla fighters who don't have Jones' leverage genuflecting in the direction of the Fert-White throne.

Ofc it's stepping up. If they fight, the loser will have to start a streak again to get a title shot. Every fighter wants to fight for the title. Rashad wanted to sit out and wait for Shogun...Gus and DC are willing to risk it because they are true fighters who believe in the themselves and arn't afraid to fight anyone.

another day, another 25 threads about the same topic...

Ohhhhhh I hope they strip Jones of the belt or those two fight for an interm belt.....the butt hurtedness would be INSANE!!!!

No point in an interim belt when the champ is healthy.

Gus and his apologists have lost touch with reality. Gus gets injured and can't fight Moose. Gus sits on his ass (with exactly ONE top ten win to his credit at the time). Gus is gifted a title shot for sitting on his ass and not fighting. Gus loses a very close fight that most objective observers (including Dana White, all media outlets other than BJ Penn.com) thought Jones won. Gus then fights Jimmi - a one dimensional fighter outside the top ten, while Jones fights the 3 ranked LHW in the world. And somehow Gus is entitled to another shot? I am not a Jones fan. Not at all. I cheered for Gus in their first fight (and thought Gus lost a close decision). But Jones has a point. Jones has fought a murderer's row while Gus' resume contains ONE top ten win. Whoop de do. Funny that people applauded GSP for wanting to fight a guy who wasn't next in line (Nick Diaz) but people shit on Jones for standing up for his principles. And no, Jones isn't scared. He beat Gus the first time around. But since Jones has EARNED everything he's gotten in MMA, he expects his opponents to do the same.

(now the Gus apologists will tell me how Jones is scurred. Love it. I'll reply with ONE top ten win. That is all)

And that Phil Davis loss is looking worse by the second...

maybe jones should just sign the damn fight agreement since he gave word that gus was next after glover.

Back