Gunnar Nelson vs. Stephen WonderBoy Thompson Needs to Happen

Excellent matchup, I'd pay to see it. I like Wonderboy ftw.

yeah great matchup but I kinda want them to fight later on not right now.

a #1 Contender match after they both win a Cpl more.

id like Gunnar to fight Maia, and WonderBoy vs Magny

Shit like that never works out in this unpredictable sport. Better to pull the trigger while the fight is in the sights, IMO. Between injuries, increased drug testing, upsets, etc, you never know what could happen to prevent the fight in the future.

No way!!

I rather see both of them pad records in order to build a longer winning streak. Let WonderBoy destroy Neil Magny and feed Hector Lombard to Gunnar Nelson.

Meh I'd rather see Stephen fight another striker and Gunnar fight another grappler.

When guys are experts at something and mediocre at other things, I prefer to see them fight someone who will fight them in their realm.

Fights like these both guys end up fighting safe because they don't wanna end up in the other persons expertise.

I like it, but honestly Thompson has the longest win streak in the division has looked great: he deserves a top ten opponent.

Meh I'd rather see Stephen fight another striker and Gunnar fight another grappler.

When guys are experts at something and mediocre at other things, I prefer to see them fight someone who will fight them in their realm.

Fights like these both guys end up fighting safe because they don't wanna end up in the other persons expertise.

Kickboxing and metamoris might be to your liking.

yeah great matchup but I kinda want them to fight later on not right now.

a #1 Contender match after they both win a Cpl more.

id like Gunnar to fight Maia, and WonderBoy vs Magny

Wonderboy deservers a top ten fighter like maia more than Gunnar does.

Wonderboy vs. Maia

Gunnar vs. Magny

Those fights make more sense to me.

Kickboxing and metamoris might be to your liking.

Nah, I like watching well rounded MMA fighters fight in all area's. But when two guys are basically just experts at one thing and aren't very well rounded, you often get one sided or boring safe fights.

Wonderboy is the P4P most entertaining guy in the UFC.

That's a fight I'd like to see. I think Gunnar wins, but it's close imho

Nah, I like watching well rounded MMA fighters fight in all area's. But when two guys are basically just experts at one thing and aren't very well rounded, you often get one sided or boring safe fights.

You often see fights where two grapplers get in a shitty stand up fight as well or fights where one of two strikers becomes a wrestler. I think it has more to do with the specific fighter's temperament than style. Some fighters will go out and do what they want no matter what you're going to do and others will look to adapt to the matchup more.

Here is the division. If they were to both face veterans it would make sense for Gunnar to fight Maia when he is healthy and Thompson fight Tarec would be sweet

Robbie Lawler
1 Johny Hendricks
2 Rory MacDonald
3 Tyron Woodley
4 Carlos Condit
5 Matt Brown
6 Demian Maia
7 Dong Hyun Kim
8 Tarec Saffiedine
9 Stephen Thompson
10 Rick Story
11 Gunnar Nelson
12 Jake Ellenberger
13 Thiago Alves
14 Neil Magny
15 Kelvin Gastelum

I don't consider Tarec a veteran. He actually has less UFC fights than Wonderboy or Gunnar.

Nelson vs Maia would be dope too but wouldn't mind this fight either.

Back