Gunnar Nelson gives Jedi-like wisdom on his approach to MMA

really thought highly of this guy the first time i saw him. he reminds me of a sedin in hockey. hes athletic but what separates him is his intelligence. calm, focused, and yet extremely competitive

looking forward to his next fight

Nice! I'm considering a trip to Iceland next year. Hopefully I could visit the gym.

Cool, you will be most welcome to visit and attend training sessions!

Here are some pics of the facilty: http://mjolnir.is/?page_id=23

mynd-71.jpg

Actually, even though I haven't met him, I've seen a video of Gunnar hanging out at a restaurant with his friends and his father, and he was laughing and smiling non-stop, joking around and enjoying a good time.

Personally I think the glimpses of what we've seen of him in the media have just been him staying strictly professional and that's how he deals with his job: calmly.

Wow, so its just an act...now thats even more interesting..lol. Thats very smart of him, if he wants to be standoffish, makes sense.

Wow, so its just an act...now thats even more interesting..lol. Thats very smart of him, if he wants to be standoffish, makes sense.

I'm sorry if you interpreted it that way, but it's not what I ment.

I wasn't referring to his calm demeanor as acting, more like a mode he subconsciously switches on when he's handling anything related to his job - the media, the fights, the training, everything.

I'm sorry if you interpreted it that way, but it's not what I ment.

I wasn't referring to his calm demeanor as acting, more like a mode he subconsciously switches on when he's handling anything related to his job - the media, the fights, the training, everything.

I see, text messages don't always fully convey the message implied. Well, I am looking forward to this guys career.

Hard to dislike this dude, Edwards is a tidy step-up for him - Maguire schooled Edwards on the mat so this should be a nice coming out party for Nelson! Edwards is a decent fighter but Nelson seems like he has the tools to be great.

Back