Gunnar Nelson, does he fight for the title in 2020?

giphy.gif

Did he really need to read that line off of a cue card?
Pathetic.

I like Gunnar, but he has a lot to improve if he wants to be a champ. I'd like to see him evolve a bit, but I doubt he will. I think he'll be a solid top 10 guy at best, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Cal me crazy but Erick Silva still might be the champ one day........

Middle of the top 15 fighter... But would like to see him add some muscle and upgrade his overall game.

How jacked do you want him to get?

"

I do think 165 would be a great fit for him.
I think he can reach the top 5 at least if he does everything right. People seem to hold the Ponzi loss against him even though that was probably the single most dirty performance I have ever seen and the first round against Cowboy even though the dude basically had crusts of ring rust to shake off after a really really long lay off and Cowboy is a hell of a fight too to shake your ring rust off against. Not to mention it was another dude who deemed it necessary to blatantly cheat to try and get the upper hand against Gunny, yet he still dominantly finished him.

Last edited:
Dos Santos is like on a what 6 or 7 fight win streak and is nowhere near a TS, so no.

We go through this every single time he wins.

He's lucky if he hits the top 10. He will never touch the title, or get close.

Never know. But I wouldn't personally hedge on seeing him in a title fight by then.

I don't think so 170 is tough. I can see him cracking the top 5 though

Back