Gunman, 1 other dead in Texas vets' clinic shooting

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by armbarboy, Jan 6, 2015.

1. armbarboy

armbarboy Banned Banned

2. matburn H

matburn H Green Belt

don't worry, I'm sure soon some piece of shit with an agenda will come on tv and tell you gun violence isn't committed by people with mental disorders. Noooo that would be disingenuous.

3. second sight

second sight Reversing Submissions from Father Time

4. Like A Bas

Like A Bas Brown Belt

I'll reserve judgment on whether this was due to mental illness until I learn more about the shooter's ethnic background.

5. Stoic1

Stoic1 Patriot

Is normal.

6. Lord_Impaler

Lord_Impaler Brown Belt

Same, good call.

7. Jukai

Jukai Silver Belt

We will eventually learn it was over a grudge of some kind and everyone will be revealed and say "ohhhh just an old fashion American murder, nothing to worry about!!!"

8. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room

Was it a vet protesting shitty government health care?

9. goldennirvana

goldennirvana Satanic black magic!

10. Armbars

Armbars Oops!

oh damn

Sad story.

11. Like A Bas

Like A Bas Brown Belt

12. goldennirvana

The first link I gave was an example of a mass shooting committed by a black man. The three following links were articles talking about his "mental health".

That's a "joke", to you? A total debunking of your argument is a "joke"? Okaaaay... /shrugs

13. Like A Bas

Like A Bas Brown Belt

Sorry, that should have said "I'm NOT reading your stupid link spam." Please forgive me and my scraped-up knuckles for the typing error.

14. goldennirvana

All you had to do was read the titles of the articles. You didn't even have the courage for that, though. It's okay, I'll post them here...

An Avoidable Tragedy: Aaron Alexis and Mental Illness

VA sheds light on mental health of Navy Yard gunman Aaron Alexis

Washington navy yard gunman Aaron Alexis was obsessed with violent games and suffered mental health issues

If you aren't aware of what the shooter, Aaron Alexis, looked like, here's a picture...

[​IMG]

No wonder you're being so defensive. lulz

15. Like A Bas

Like A Bas Brown Belt

Let me try this one more time, because you're slow as fuck.

This:

Is a joke.

16. goldennirvana

Ahhhhh... resorting to the old 'I was joking' line. How unexpected. :)

No dude, you were serious. You were implying that only when a white person shoots people is mental illness brought into the argument as to why someone would do such a thing.

Then I proved you wrong. And how enjoyable it was.

Keep squirming. It's funny.

17. Madmick

Madmick Cerebrage Staff Member Senior Moderator

It may have been his attempt at satirizing that black men are first and foremost suspected of committing gun violence for reasons other than mental illness when lone white shooters tend to suspected of this almost immediately. Of course, there are no statistics provided to substantiate any difference in ratios between lone, mass shooters of the two races suffering from mental illness, but he appears to think it was funny and provided some cultural insight in the absence of that review (or even evidence of the presumption). I thought the example you cited sort of took the wind out of his sails because it offered strong anecdote to neuter the joke. This frustrated him, so he resorted to flaming you.

I don't know why he's trolling this thread with such an off-topic and irrelevant smirk. Nevertheless, this is the least of my worries. A much, much larger storm is brewing.

18. nixkid

nixkid Black Belt

To be fair, Aaron Alexis was a complete and total nut job who thought the government was controlling him through electromagnetic waves...some literal tin foil hat shit. There is no way anyone could look at that and deny its a mental health issue.

I think it would be fairer to look at borderline cases where its not completely obvious that the shooter was nuts. I haven't looked into it enough to come down on either side but I do think its bullshit that the narrative that the media spun about Ismaaiyl Brinsley was largely dominated by "Mike Brown/Eric Garner revenge killing" as the primary motive without exploring other plausible causes (like being suicidal and wanting to gain notoriety before taking himself out) and trying to tie him to protesters even though there is no evidence that he ever participated in any protests.

19. goldennirvana

Right, because the vast majority shootings committed by blacks are by gang members aka thugs. White shooters have no known motive - just fucking psycho. So people naturally look for answers and the best they can come up with is mental illness, JUST as they did for Aaron Alexis. Oh, and the Virginia Tech shooter, who was Asian. Race has nothing to do with it, but as we're in the age of race-baiting, certain people try to make it all about race.

Oh, no doubt about it. He made out he didn't read any of the links I provided, but he did. And the butthurt was clear to see.

The Paris attack?

20. spamking

spamking Click, click, boom!

The doctor who was killed is a relative of someone in a Sunday school class I used to attend. Found out about this shortly after it happened.

Very sad situation all around.