Gun Store opened down the street from my old high school

What are the rules on schools and abortion clinics? Now that's the kind of shit that'll confuse a kid.

If only that store didn't open, those kids would never have known that guns existed.

This rustles the fuck out of me. Gun stores should only open near elementary schools. If you haven't learned how to shoot by 7 you're fucking up.

There should be a law that makes guns only available in stores that are not near residential or government property. They should sell guns out in the dangerous areas to lessen it's desire. After school let's get a glock and rob the liquor store. :icon_lol: j/k Obviously they want to make it convenient for the local criminals and here come the cops......................oh wait.

Why would this be an issue? Are they offering 2-for-1 columbine specials or something?

I get it, it's in poor taste. Like when they opened that mosque near the 9/11 memorial site. Sure they have the right, but c'mon

Not sure why it would make any difference where its located, it's not like they are going to be selling to the kids.

Anti 2nd people might make a big deal out of it but that's stupid as they have no real point.

Yup. Guns don't kill people, gun control do.

Was driving past today and saw this.

I'm not anti-gun, I just want to make sure people can buy what they would like responsibly, but I can see where this will rustle a lot of the anti-gun locals.

What say you Mayberry? Bold move or just good ol murica?
Should gun stores be in close proximity to schools?

If by Mayberry you mean The War Room . . . :icon_chee I say no big deal.

What is the "acceptable" distance from a school that one can place a gun store?
500 ft? 1 mile? 10 miles?

Like others, I don't understand the concern. Do you think minors will be in the store buying guns? Will the students all of a sudden want to shoot people because a gun store is nearby?

everyone knows that if a kid sees a gunstore it will make him want to go kill people. duh. Same thing with shooting games making kids violent.

people will complain about anything.

I don't see an issue. Typically gun stores don't have their firearms out in the open view from the street. You're in Vegas aren't you Daspy?

There's a gun range literally right next door to the high school in my town.

Is it also next to a liquor store and a pawn shop?

All the ones around here are. We even had a store that was all three back in the 80s but it burned down when someone was careless with a cig. Who'd have thunk a powder keg surrounded buy spirits would be dangerous...lol

Nobody in this thread has complained about it. But you just made your point at your own expense.

Im not specifically talking about this thread, i was just being sarcastic about how people are so anti gaming/gun

All the ones around here are. We even had a store that was all three back in the 80s but it burned down when someone was careless with a cig. Who'd have thunk a powder keg surrounded buy spirits would be dangerous...lol

If only there was video, that would've been gold.

Was driving past today and saw this.

I'm not anti-gun, I just want to make sure people can buy what they would like responsibly, but I can see where this will rustle a lot of the anti-gun locals.

What say you Mayberry? Bold move or just good ol murica?
Should gun stores be in close proximity to schools?

What or why would there be an issue. The gun store I use as my ffl when buying online has multiple schools within 5 square miles. Most gun stores likely have a school around within a couple-few miles.

For example the county I live in has around 1200 schools. Populated areas need to have lots of schools. Hell within 10 square miles of my house there are probably 7 schools and 8 day cares/preschools.

Back