Gun Question

Canadian translation: a Glock 19; compact, but with a 107mm after market barrel protruding from the slide, 10 rounds, around 20 ounces (maybe without the magazine), reliable, is a fantastic gun that will cost as much as a 1911 by the time it's made legal and shipped to the TS.

Forgot he was in Canada!

Canadian translation: a Glock 19; compact, but with a 107mm after market barrel protruding from the slide, 10 rounds, around 20 ounces (maybe without the magazine), reliable, is a fantastic gun that will cost as much as a 1911 by the time it's made legal and shipped to the TS.

Forgot he was in Canada! Still, the ammo is significantly cheaper.

*Sorry about the double post! :icon_sad:

Not really, there's less demand which is reflected in the price, but our ammunition comes from the same sources, and the shooters up here have felt the effects of the ammo shortage though to a lesser extent.

Example:

http://www.lebaron.ca/fall 2010 pages/rem_centerfire_ammo.pdf

http://www.lebaron.ca/fall 2010 pages/win_rimfire_usa_ammo.pdf

In both of those files, there was a price difference of $10, that is pretty much two for the price of one.

I still stand by my recommendation of a 9mm for a beginner.

Hey, just wanted some advice. I'm Canadian and i just got licenced for both retricted and non restricted firearms. (longgun, handgun) I wondering what would be a good starter handgun, i was thinking on either one designed for a .38 special or a .22. I don't want to start with a .45 though. What company makes a quality, yet affordable starter handgun. Any advice is appreciated.

Walther PPK's are great because the .380 acp round isn't too heavy and the gun is failsafe, plus if you don't like later and want to sell it, the resale value is high.

Walther PPK's are great because the .380 acp round isn't too heavy and the gun is failsafe, plus if you don't like later and want to sell it, the resale value is high.

Nice gun, still prohibited though.

Hey, just wanted some advice. I'm Canadian and i just got licenced for both retricted and non restricted firearms. (longgun, handgun) I wondering what would be a good starter handgun, i was thinking on either one designed for a .38 special or a .22. I don't want to start with a .45 though. What company makes a quality, yet affordable starter handgun. Any advice is appreciated.

I know I'm late on this one but get a Norinco Woodsman .22lr pistol from Marstar. You can get a brand new one for $150 and it will outshoot and outlast you. Cheap to buy and cheap to shoot. They have good reviews too.

m93800px.jpg

You can always move to bigger and better things later.

Back