Gun-Maker Remington files for bankruptcy...

"Remington, the gun maker beset by falling sales and lawsuits tied to the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, has reached a financing deal that would allow it to continue operating as it seeks Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

The maker of the Bushmaster AR-15-style rifle used in the Connecticut shooting that left 20 first-graders and six educators dead in 2012, said Monday that the agreement with lenders will reduce its debt by about $700 million and add about $145 million in new capital.

The company was cleared of any wrongdoing in the shooting, but investors repulsed by the massacres distanced themselves from the company's owner, investment firm Cerberus Capital Management. Cerberus acquired the gun maker in 2007, just when gun sales began to skyrocket."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...bankruptcy-court/ar-BBJ2xWu?OCID=ansmsnnews11

With no Democrat in office to "take their guns away", it looks like people aren't arming their "From my cold dead hands" bunkers to the teeth anymore...

It also seems that the threat of the "Deep State" isn't enough to save Remington either.

8a8.gif

I have a feeling the lunatic gun nuts on the right are still arming themselves. If only every gun manufacturer could go out of business.

I have a feeling the lunatic gun nuts on the right are still arming themselves. If only every gun manufacturer could go out of business.
And which recently banned account are you?

Typical response from a gun nut.I don't agree therefore you are a recently banned account.

<{cruzshake}>
Someone doesn't join just yesterday and come into the political forum and have 100% of their posts in said subforum unless they're a recently banned person or an alternate.

Try harder.

That could be cause it was a Ruger. They're nice an inexpensive but they don't use primo parts obviously.

I have a Weatherby Vanguard in 30-06 I really like. Could check to see if they have something in the caliber you want. The Vanguard is their more affordable model below the flagship Mark Vs. The only major differences between the Vanguard and Mark Vs minus the price is the stock and actions. The stocks are the same shape (the Monte Carlo which is a pretty classic look) but almost all the Vanguards are synthetic (I think there are some all weather Mark Vs that run synthetic stocks too though) and the action. The action's are very similar but the action in the Vanguard is made by Howa in Japan whereas the Mark V action is made by Weatherby here in the States as far as I know.

Mossberg, Savage, and Ruger all make nice affordable bolt guns too. The Mossberg has the Patriot, Savage has the Axis series (get the Accutrigger models though), and Ruger has the American series. Mossberg also has a deal where you can get select models of the Patriot with a Vortex Crossfire already mounted on it and Vortex is pretty hard to beat with their no questions asked warranty.

I've shot all three models mentioned above (friends own them) and I like the triggers in the Patriot and teh Accutrigger Savage's. One thing I disliked about all of them is the internal but detachable magazine they all use. For one, they're all basically proprietary so you need to get them from the gun manufacturer and the other thing is, for me at least, they're a bitch and a half to get in and out of the gun. If a company goes detachable it should at minimum be like an AK or M1A with an easy to bump toggle thing, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

@Cubo de Sangre @RerouteToRemain and @jlagman or @spamking might have other ideas too.
I have a DPMS AR15 as well and I don't really like it either. I'm just not a huge fan of the AR platform tbh.

Great post, not to forget freedom group bought out H&R, tapco, DPMS/panther and marlin, among a list of other brands.

You’ve got a company who comes in, makes quick money, bolsters their pocket books and makes BAD business decisions (moving 100 year old worn out equipment to a new location and firing the people who know how to run it, and hiring people who don’t know how to make adjustments to keep things in spec) in the name of short term profits; before they dump the whole lot

When accountants start to run companies, they go down pretty quickly.

Someone doesn't join just yesterday and come into the political forum and have 100% of their posts in said subforum unless they're a recently banned person or an alternate.

Try harder.
100%? Gun nuts really are nuts.

The Freedom Group is the correct answer, as posters have already noted. Anybody who remembers the Marlin take over can attest to the shit quality of the firearms they produce.

I have a DPMS AR15 as well and I don't really like it either. I'm just not a huge fan of the AR platform tbh.
I love it but I like taking things apart and upgrading little parts and shit.

Can't do that as easily with a bolt gun.

Wish I had the sorta money to go shooting every day so I could shoot like this guy:

The gun in the vid is a 416 but still.

Look how worn in that fucking AR is holy shit.

The lack of firearm sales is because our America loving President is not attacking the second amendment on a daily basis.

hello Johnny Mac,

2nd amendment rights were broadened during Mr. Obama's tenure as POTUS.

President Barack Obama on Monday received a failing grade from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence for running away from gun control.

The group, which endorsed Obama in 2008, gave him an “F” on every issue it scored.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/76717-gun-control-group-gives-obama-an-f

- IGIT

I wonder what their primary sales came from?

870 pump the r700 and bushmaster?

mossberg probably ate up the 870 sales

and the trigger problem on the r700 hurt

and then there is simply too many competitors in the 223 market.

maybe they were just too bloated.
my 700 is a hunk of shit, the safety is garbage and sometimes when operating the action it unlocks and pops out the back.

It sits in its case and I use a ruger gunsight scout instead. Its what every bolt action wishes it could be.

With that amount of debt, they can't blame Sandy Hook or the government. This is like the Papa John Pizza Guy blaming the NFL kneeling protests for falling sales. Some companies float and some sink, it's the nature of a capitalist market.

my 700 is a hunk of shit, the safety is garbage and sometimes when operating the action it unlocks and pops out the back.

It sits in its case and I use a ruger gunsight scout instead. Its what every bolt action wishes it could be.
You just made all the Browning X-Bolts start crying.

They're 100% too bloated.

They have bolt guns ranging from hunting to precision guns and shit. THEN they have like 3 different models of bolt guns depending on how much you want to spend.

Multiple shotgun lines

1911s

AND weren't they the ones that released that POS wannabe Glock that everyone hated?
Yeah, Remington lost sight of what made them their money, their 700 and 870 lines. The 700 used to be the standard platform for a ton of police agency precision rifles and large chunks of the military, the 870 was in damn near every police cruiser in America.

They branched out a ton on the Remington side to add an atrocious pistol line and some other crap that was ultimately losing ventures. The 700 safety issue also hurt them a lot.

Back