Gun-Maker Remington files for bankruptcy...

Murrika my guns! so many gun loving wannabes in this country. Its almost like they have fantasies about someone breaking into their house or and apocalypse happening.

Haha, the NRA should funded the shit out of the Clinton campsign.

No need to outrage liberals more. We know she'd suck up every dollar possible regardless of her political standing.

they literally should be thanking obama for their increased business.. oh well.. they can line up an get a coal mining job because it's gonna be the next big thing
I direct you to my posts above yours.

Murrika my guns! so many gun loving wannabes in this country. Its almost like they have fantasies about someone breaking into their house or and apocalypse happening.

A nice, useless post.

Freedom Group and then this trigger thing really did Remington in:

It happened three years ago but they haven't really recovered from it. Especially with the Ruger Precision Rifle and Savage having an easy to build on action no one needs Remington 700s for chassis precision builds anymore.

Add to that you need a true gunsmith with a lathe to mount a barrel to the action on Remington actions and it just makes it a bitch.

With no Democrat in office to "take their guns away", it looks like people aren't arming their "From my cold dead hands" bunkers to the teeth anymore...

It also seems that the threat of the "Deep State" isn't enough to save Remington either.

These gun makers can't survive without a Democrat in office and the NRA pushing the lie that the government will come in the night to take your guns.

Nobody gives a shit about Remington anymore. They haven't done anything new or innovating in a long time. They rode the sales of the R700 and 870. Now there are a lot more competitors and Remington got left in the dust.

Not a lie when senators, the sitting vice president and president was pushing for the things you describe in regards to semi auto rifles.

They make a bunch of shitty guns that suck. Fuck em.

They make a bunch of shitty guns that suck. Fuck em.

This fucking thing I think was like their last hurrah and getting something out people wanted... and they fucking failed, miserably.

Add to that the 870 is the last real thing people want but you can drop a couple hundred more and get like a SuperNove from Benelli which you can submerge in mud and it still shoots and they've lost the marketplace.

It sucks to see a 200 year old company go out of business. Remington is one of those names that you just felt would always be around no matter what.

It sucks to see a 200 year old company go out of business. Remington is one of those names that you just felt would always be around no matter what.
They've only filed for bankruptcy. Doubt they go out of business permanently. Really too bad though their name is basically trash now.

I honestly think other than the receiver I bought 3 years ago.... the only Remington stuff I've bought in the last 6 months was the ammo that has their company logo stamped on the box.

The lack of firearm sales is because our America loving President is not attacking the second amendment on a daily basis.
Didn’t this Black Friday have the most 4473 transfers for a single day on record...

Oh wait, they’re not selling any guns that must’ve been a typo

Didn’t this Black Friday have the most 4473 transfers for a single day on record...

Oh wait, they’re not selling any guns that must’ve been a typo
Suppressor sales have dipped a ton though to the point SilencerCo had to layoff a group of people pretty unceremoniously.

They've only filed for bankruptcy. Doubt they go out of business permanently. Really too bad though their name is basically trash now.

I honestly think other than the receiver I bought 3 years ago.... the only Remington stuff I've bought in the last 6 months was the ammo that has their company logo stamped on the box.

Didn't Colt file for bankruptcy?

Remington 700s and 76XXs are very popular here despite the renowned lack of quality these days.
Especially the 76XX models. There just aren't that many options in the field of pump action centrefire rifles.
Same with the Marlin (especially the 1895SBL).
Of course Australian gun sales aren't going to save them.

This fucking thing I think was like their last hurrah and getting something out people wanted... and they fucking failed, miserably.

Add to that the 870 is the last real thing people want but you can drop a couple hundred more and get like a SuperNove from Benelli which you can submerge in mud and it still shoots and they've lost the marketplace.

The 870 is a shadow of its former self, I’ve got one I’ve had for 23 years, wouldn’t trade it for 2 of the new ones; they’re just so far down in quality conpared to older offerings.

MAC is usually right on his opinions, his C39 video wasn’t correct, but I’m glad he revisited it. Glad to see people out there that don’t shill for every gun possible. He’s a cool dude, ran into him the other day

Didn't Colt file for bankruptcy?
They did then promptly reacquired the military contract to build M4s after a new group took them over.

I think, last I heard Colt still had the military contract for M4's and other M4 patterend rifles not called the HK 416

Nobody gives a shit about Remington anymore. They haven't done anything new or innovating in a long time. They rode the sales of the R700 and 870. Now there are a lot more competitors and Remington got left in the dust.

Not a lie when senators, the sitting vice president and president was pushing for the things you describe in regards to semi auto rifles.

Well,
Those guys can rest easy now because the "free market" did the job they thought the Gubmint was going to do.

Suppressor sales have dipped a ton though to the point SilencerCo had to layoff a group of people pretty unceremoniously.
SilencerCo somewhat shot themselves in the foot by pushing the HPA and telling everyone it was ‘basically a done deal’ some people (like me) bought the hype and were waiting on a tax free can instead of getting a tax stamp

The 870 is a shadow of its former self, I’ve got one I’ve had for 23 years, wouldn’t trade it for 2 of the new ones; they’re just so far down in quality conpared to older offerings.

MAC is usually right on his opinions, his C39 video wasn’t correct, but I’m glad he revisited it. Glad to see people out there that don’t shill for every gun possible. He’s a cool dude, ran into him the other day
I like that he admits up front when he made a mistake.

Back