Gun experts on sherdog? Glock question?

Not much stopping power and the ammo is not cheap. I plan on getting the semi-compact 10mm - the most powerful handgun they make, with the penetration and knock down power of a .41 magnum....looking forward to it.
I thought street results were/are good with the 357sig?

Anyway, why get a more compact model with a short barrel for such a hot round? It'll just be a little better than a .40s&w.

Get a G20sf, the "short frame" version.

180 grains @ 1200fps x 15+1 = YEeeeeeeeaaaaaaahh BuuuuuuuuuddAayyyyyy!!!

Edit: My bad 180 grains, not 185.

Last edited:
I thought street results were/are good with the 357sig?

Anyway, why get a more compact model with a short barrel for such a hot round? It'll just be a little better than a .40s&w.

Get a G20sf, the "short frame" version.

185 grains @ 1200fps x 15+1 = YEeeeeeeeaaaaaaahh BuuuuuuuuuddAayyyyyy!!!

I've always heard the 357 sig was a good performer as well.

If he can hit his target with decently fast followup shots with a 10mm semi compact though, then by all means that's what he should carry. I've always found the 10mm a bit too snappy for me to put followup shots downrange accurately.

Glocks are good guns. It depends on how you want to use it. Is it for home defense, competion, conceal & carry, protecting your vehicle, or messing around at the range. All these "Is this a good gun" threads crack me up. Why do you want it, and what are using for? State that and then ask if the gun is a "good gun" for the job. Guns are tools. A hammer can bang in a screw, but a screwdriver or drill will work better.

i'm a huge glock fan. I actually own a Glock 26.

Glocks were never expensive to begin with, and they hold a pretty good value.
glock 26 is a subcompact, which can make it harder too shoot, try a glock 19 its a compact( just one size up) sometimes smaller isnt better.

buy a guy you shoot well, and feel comfortable with and make sure its reliable.

Glock 26 or my Smith and wesson 642 are my daily carry guns.

Back