Guitarist Buckethead has released 184 new albums since 2014.

I had been kind of a casual fan of Buckethead for a little while but he fell off of my radar, the other day I was looking through his discography and I discovered that he has started releasing material at an insane rate. He's releasing new albums just about every few days, the albums consist of about 30 minutes of instrumental guitar driven music and a lot of the ones I've listened to are actually pretty good. I'm just wondering how the hell a person has the time to do this. This is the latest one.

This was inevitable within the subgenres that emphasize musical virtuosity. This is what happens when the technology gets so good that it's cheap enough to basically broadcast practice sessions with an acceptable production value. Imagine all the stuff we would have heard from jam sessions and in recording studios if this stuff was around during the Woodstock era.

Just listening to someone like Jimmie practice is probably more enjoyable than listening to the prepared content put out by like 90% of professional guitarists.

Nottingham lace is an excellent spng live buckethead is a virtuoso.

An amicable disagreement on Sherdog? :).

My favourite genre (metal) is possibly the most maligned by people on all of music, so I'm more than happy for people to listen to whatever blows their hair back. Live and let listen I say!

My theory is that he's being a patent troll.

If he continues releasing albums at this rate, soon he'll have recorded every good guitar lick.

Then he can start filing lawsuits against any band that releases a song even remotely similar to one of his.

This was probably inspired by tom petty's victory over the dude that sang that "stay with me" song. I love Tom Petty but he should've lost that case IMO.

I used to listen to him back in HS for a while but he fell of my radar too. Goddamn... sounds like I have some catching up to do.

i was just at the concert at the "novo"it was so beautiful I cried will post pics later in too drunk right now.

Buckethead is very talented but I have to think if Tom Morello wanted to do the same thing he could do it also, but Morello prefers playing in bands.
Morello is nowhere near bucketheads level only paul gilbert and vai operate on that level

Morello is nowhere near bucketheads level only paul gilbert and vai operate on that level

Buckethead is musical, Vai and Gilbert are for the most part 2 boring wankers. If you want some tasty musical wankery Govan is god-tier.

When buckethead busted out the nunchucks and performed stars/willy wonka people went nuts he also had a female dancer.

My theory is that he's being a patent troll.

If he continues releasing albums at this rate, soon he'll have recorded every good guitar lick.

Then he can start filing lawsuits against any band that releases a song even remotely similar to one of his.

This was probably inspired by tom petty's victory over the dude that sang that "stay with me" song. I love Tom Petty but he should've lost that case IMO.

You might be on to something with the patent trolling but Tom Petty got ripped off big time, first time I heard that Sam Smith song I was like 'i feel like i know this song, who's he covering'?

Back