Guitarist Buckethead has released 184 new albums since 2014.

All that work and still no one wants to listen to it.

Buckethead is very talented but I have to think if Tom Morello wanted to do the same thing he could do it also, but Morello prefers playing in bands.

My sympathies to the guy who has to review all that.

Listening to only one artist is pretty dumb imo.

Why? He provides all I ever need to listen to. It's obviously your opinion but I completely disagree, I started listening to him in the 90s and I started studying his playing a few years and never looked back.

Buckethead is very talented but I have to think if Tom Morello wanted to do the same thing he could do it also, but Morello prefers playing in bands.

Bucket has played in bands, but I'd guess he makes more money playing solo shows and it's cheaper to transport himself and amps.

in fairness 99% of bucketheads albums are just him recording shit in his bedroom and releasing it as an album

Why? He provides all I ever need to listen to. It's obviously your opinion but I completely disagree, I started listening to him in the 90s and I started studying his playing a few years and never looked back.

Nah man. To enrich your musical experiences you need to listen to more than one artist. Even if the one artist does provide a musically diverse landscape, they are only one person with one idea of what music is. Some people say the only metal rhythm guitarist you need to listen to is the guy in my AV, I completely disagree, he's a great but you also want to listen to Hetfield, Malcolm Young, Mustaine and countless others. Everyone has a different approach and you can learn something from all of them.

Nah man. To enrich your musical experiences you need to listen to more than one artist. Even if the one artist does provide a musically diverse landscape, they are only one person with one idea of what music is. Some people say the only metal rhythm guitarist you need to listen to is the guy in my AV, I completely disagree, he's a great but you also want to listen to Hetfield, Malcolm Young, Mustaine and countless others. Everyone has a different approach and you can learn something from all of them.

I have listened to many types of music from old Jazz and blues to heavy rock, Buckethead does it for me. Everyone is on there own musical journey and I'm very happy on mine.

Brian Carroll is a musical genius and legit functionally crazy. I don't think anything he does is a "gimmick" so much as a representation of his pathological social awkwardness. I don't like the bucket/mask thing either but his weirdness is legit.

A girl I know is the merchandising manager for Umphrey's McGee. In 2004 Buckethead opened for one of UM's New Years run shows in Chicago. My friend Scarlett picked Brian up from the airport to bring him to his hotel. She said he had a bunch of little toys he was fiddling with in the front seat the whole ride in. He's definitely an odd dude but insanely talented.

I've seen him with Praxis and solo a few times. He played a late night show after his opening gig for UM and I was standing right in front of him in a small club watching him shred over a taped drum track. There was a "drum solo" break that was hilarious at the time. Who does that with a taped track? And I mean on cassette playing from a handheld tape deck set next to a microphone.

I have listened to many types of music from old Jazz and blues to heavy rock, Buckethead does it for me. Everyone is on there own musical journey and I'm very happy on mine.
I was going to suggest to you that even buckethead would say that it's a mistake to only listen to one player but he would probably just tell you a story about how his parents are chickens and he was raised as a chicken, all communicated through a morbid hand-puppet, so never mind.

I don't think a day has passed in the last ten years where I didn't listen to a song off of Population Override, Electric Tears, or Crime Slunk Scene.

Hey look man whatever floats your boat, I just personally don't think you'll be fulfilled from one artist, I never could be anyway.

I don't think his point is mainstream success.... If you enjoy it then good, if not the who cares?

No, I know. Sorry, I just cant listen to all that noodling nonsense. He's technically great but has no soul. Like Steve Vai.

No, I know. Sorry, I just cant listen to all that noodling nonsense. He's technically great but has no soul. Like Steve Vai.

No soul? Buckethead has some of the most emotional music available, check out Colma or electric sea.

Listening to some of these "pikes" at the moment. It's actually quite nice. Very easy listening.

Some of what i've heard takes me back to the type of tracks you'd hear in old school anime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back