Guitar Players of Sherdog!

That Jacksons a 26.5" (The model up the 32-7 is also 26.5") so I'm guessing your after a baritone then?

I want to be able to downtune and F or Drop F. even on a standard baritone of 27' they don't properly intonate. But yeah, longer scale length the better. I really like 26.5 but I feel like the sweet spot is C standard tuning on that scale length.

So I was at guitar center yesterday buying an amp, and fiddled around with some guitars obviously. Was looking at a butterscotch Telecaster as I’ve always been interested in teles but never actually got my hands on one. Looked like this:

Something I noticed, the edge of the fretboard was sharp, and the fret ends were not rounded at all. And when I say sharp, like it basically came to a point. There was no rounding to it at all. Is that a design element of tele’s? Or was this just a poorly made one?

Poorly made tele, no frets should ever be sharp. I played a Charvel the other day that was the worst fret job I've ever felt/seen on a guitar for that price. Sometimes models get past QC and sometimes its fret sprout. Shit happens. I own a Chrome Red tele, I personally would advise to stay away from butterscotch anything, I fucking hate that color lmao

I want to be able to downtune and F or Drop F. even on a standard baritone of 27' they don't properly intonate. But yeah, longer scale length the better. I really like 26.5 but I feel like the sweet spot is C standard tuning on that scale length.

Fair enough, Baritones i can't help with, never tried one, want to but haven't got round to it / don't think I've seen too many stocked by me

Wanna learn the main riff to this song

Thanks for sharing. Sounds pretty cool. Bass part sounds pretty nice too and doesn’t look insanely difficult other than a quick double thumb + pluck every now and then. I may try to transcribe this for my kid this weekend if it isn’t written out somewhere online already.

I will buy an American Ultra Fender Stratocaster next month. Ibanez doesn't quite cut it for SRV and Malmsteen lol. I have a stratocaster deluxe, but not in the color I wanted. I just wanted a classic black/white strat.

I had both a "holy grail" Focus and Baretta but sold both for insane money after testing both against a 100 buck korean plywood striker.

Even a floyd rose II will work great if you make sure to optimize it.

It's sporting a rare PJ marx 212 that sounds just like the current "frankenstein pickup" It's going to a push/pull knob for isolating a single coil for some amazing tele-style tones.

Very loud for it's resistence but never muddy.

It's ended any "tonewood debate" for me concerning plywood.

It goes through a Lehle P-split and into either......a Hotone Heart attack with a 1x12 cab (50 year old wurlitzer 12 inch utah speaker)......into my iRig Pro......or through the preamp of this peavy bass/keyboard amp that sends the effects loop to zoom or digitech processors.

49708235547_d292438d69_b.jpg

49648922687_a0f4442ce6_b.jpg

Yamaha bass, yamaha RGX, and a V shaped striker......and a bunch of drum stuff including a super rare yamaha "tunable floor tom" and cymbals from the 1940s to the 1990s.

Last edited:
I've got a number of guitars. Yamaha AES620 for the heavy metal band, PRS Tremonti for the working band. Orange Tiny Terror and Boss Katana head respectively.

At the moment, just trying to perfect some songs for the stage... George Michael, The Jam, Duran Duran.

Wanna learn the main riff to this song

Thanks for sharing. Sounds pretty cool. Bass part sounds pretty nice too and doesn’t look insanely difficult other than a quick double thumb + pluck every now and then. I may try to transcribe this for my kid this weekend if it isn’t written out somewhere online already.
I messed around with this one day a couple weeks ago and then just started working on it again a couple hours ago. I think I'm just about finished with the transcription. Any bass players here up for playing this?

Oh shit I just played my transcription in GuitarPro while watching the video and those fast ghost notes like at the 48 second mark are actually done by the guitar and not the bass. I wrote them out for the bass. Lol I'm going to leave them in. They sound awesome, and a bass player can totally play that without a pick using a double thumb + pluck.

My guitar acts up when I plug it in. Think its something with the jack. Anyone solder their own stuff before?

I'm considering a new guitar, I have an Epiphone Les Paul with EMGs in it currently.

Always had my heart set on a Gibson Les Paul custom, but I feel like an ESP Eclipse may be a better buy, thoughts?

xlarge.png

I'm considering a new guitar, I have an Epiphone Les Paul with EMGs in it currently.

Always had my heart set on a Gibson Les Paul custom, but I feel like an ESP Eclipse may be a better buy, thoughts?

xlarge.png

I have the Ltd EC-1000, its my go to guitar, had it 10 years now plays and sounds great, plus they are a little lighter than a Les Paul if your not 100% comfortable with the weight of one. Apart from the E-II that you posted thats more in line with a Les Paul than the normal eclipses.

Im a drummer first but after so many years you end up playing most modern imstruments. Ive been writing and recording a collecton of songs for my nerd brethern based off of the Stormlight Archives. Ive been rocking a 1979 peavy t60. Best electric guitar ive ever had.
1979-peavey-t-60-natural.jpg

Im a drummer first but after so many years you end up playing most modern imstruments. Ive been writing and recording a collecton of songs for my nerd brethern based off of the Stormlight Archives. Ive been rocking a 1979 peavy t60. Best electric guitar ive ever had.
1979-peavey-t-60-natural.jpg

What a beautiful guitar.
I mostly play Telecaster, have a bunch of them from different brands (weirdly enough I love the cheap G&L Telecaster in clear orange the most). But I really wanna try a Parker next.

What are you learning right now? a song? different playing techniques? both? or composing your own music?

I think I've got Pneuma down off the new Tool album, it's not too hard but the rhythms are pretty off the wall. Trying to work on just being overall more consistent, I've added this to my warm up routine and it appears to be helping.

I've written a few tunes in lockdown, think I'm getting better at writing which is a good thing. I've been told my stuff is Metallica/Tool/Sabbath basically which makes a lot of sense.

What gear do you have? Amp? Electric? Acoustic? electro-acoustic?

Amp

blackstar-ht-5r-mkii-guitar-amplifier-5w-12-inch-valve-amp-combo-with-reverb_e2cb3c84-30d5-4813-b77a-19ca62bb4498_2000x.jpg

Acoustic (not the exact same model but very close)

SRS70C-P1310112_600_850_s_c1_c_t.jpg

Electric (just bought this yesterday, it's fucking amazing)

svjzimoxiw27xjusweng.jpg

Secret weapon (clear classy heavy distortion, love this thing)

s-l640.jpg

How long have you been playing?

Been playing about 15 years, have gone on and off occasionally, i'm still pretty average but enjoy it a lot

How is the E-II compared to the EC-1000? I've never played it, and with LTD/ESP the more you pay the better everything seems to get.

It's actually the first ESP I've ever played so I don't know, my previous was an Epiphone Les Paul, yeah the E-II is far superior, far far superior.

I’m interested in getting a 3/4 sized/parlor acoustic guitar. Something I can mess around with on the sofa and not worry too much about. Looking at the Taylor GS mini and the Little Martin LXE1. Anyone own one of these, or have another recommendation?

Back