Guitar Players of Sherdog!

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What are you learning right now? a song? different playing techniques? both? or composing your own music?

What gear do you have? Amp? Electric? Acoustic? electro-acoustic?

How long have you been playing?

I will go:
I am attempting to learn: Steve Vai - "Lotus Feet" (really fun, but difficult when it gets fast) - I also practice sweep picking and tremolo picking with a metronome every time I practice, because they are my two weakest areas (mainly matching my left fretting hand with the speed of my right hand).

I have a Fender Stratocaster Deluxe, my favorite guitar to play on - especially with all of the classic rock solos and classic heavy metal music.

I also have an Ibanez RG350DX, which I really enjoy playing, too. It also just feels and sounds better playing Steve Vai (or Satriani/Megadeth etc) because of the tone and pick-ups.

I am looking to buy a Jackson Soloist or ESP Horizon in the future.

Prior to starting my return to guitar, I had been playing for around three years. But I took a long break and just had an urge to play it again - I play piano, too, but for me, guitar is much more fun to play.

Uh.... I don't think I'm working on anything. Just expanding my theory and writing things here and there.

I have a Jackson Dinky, I think its a JS32 but I bought it off a friend 15 years ago for 160$. He put a 52 in the bridge, upgraded the trem and even put on a bone nut. So I got it for a steal in that sense.

Also have a Fender Telecaster, Gibson V, and bought a Harley Benton Fusion-II last year to mod up. Put Sentient/Pegasus combo in.

I have like, 26 pedals, ranging cheap behringers to boutique stuff at 200$+. I don't think I even have em all in my house.

An old Vox AC50, which did the job. Looking to buy something from Engl. I rarely use my amp anymore. Can just use an interface these days tbh.

Looking to buy a classical, preferably under 500$ soon-ish.

5 years
Schecter c1 hellraiser
Taylor 214ce

working on a tout le monde- megadeth.

Also play bass

Been playing for 21 years give or take

ESP LTD EC1000 (standard)
ESP LTD TE-407 7 String (B standard)
Peavey Predator 7 String (A Standard)
Peavey Generation EXP Tele style (Eb)
Gibson Melody Maker (tuned to Open C)
PRS SE Camo (Drop C)
EVH Frankenstrat Copy (Standard)
Jackson JS32 RR (Drop B)
Epiphone '84 Explorer (Standard)
Squier Strat

Got another couple somewhere including my first guitar (cheap strat copy) which is currently disassembled as i wanna upgrade a few things on it at some point.

Currently using a Orange Tiny Terror Dark into a Laney 2x12 Cab with a Korg AX1000 Multi Effects, and a Mooer Elec Lady Flange.

13 years off and on

LTD 8 string

Haven't learned anything in a while, too busy working and lifting weights. Coolest thing I learned was Serrana by Jason Becker.

I am trying to get my Legato runs back, been lazy for a couple of months and my left hand tapping now sucks ass!

I mostly play bass but have a lot of guitar gear too.
I've got a Fender American standard Strat with Lace Sensor Chrome Dome pickups.
An early 80s Yamaha SA800, which is an ES335 knockoff.
'65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue Amp.
Line 6 Pod HD300 for learning songs.
A couple of old Ross pedals from the 70s, a Flanger and Phase/ Distortion. Also a bunch of pedals I've built from kits.
Simon and Patrick Woodland Pro Acoustic.

On the bass side-
Reverend Mercalli 5 string and a 5 string J bass copy built from a kit.
Swr Super Redhead Amp with Sica Neo speakers.

I used to "play" bass in high school and by "play", I mean, memorize some tabs for specific songs but was totally clueless outside my comfort zone. During this lock down, I picked up a Taylor GS Mini and wanted to learn guitar more legitimately. My bass is a Fender Jazz Aerodyne.

Currently a 34 year-old, re-noob doing basic chords, scales and other beginner stuff like that.

I actually just bought a reissue of the Fender Coronado about a month ago; just before the pandemic hit. I've been working tons, so I haven't been able to really dig into it. It's got stock 9 gauge strings on it so the tension feels so flabby lol. My main axe is a 1962 Fender Jazzmaster reissue. Fucking love that guitar. I've been playing since 2003. Got tons of pedals and my amps are a reissue Super Reverb, Hot Rod Deluxe, Orange AD30 and a reissue of the those old Sovtek amps EHX made back in the 90's.

I am currently trying to learn a song called Alive by Bleed From Within! Shit is hard man. lol I have been playing for 20 years and am still terrible. lol Never learned full songs or any technique whatsoever. I can hack my way through a few songs, guess it'd just a hobby at this point. Really wish i took it more serious when first learning but those bad habits stuck with me all this time.

Who hear collects Ibanez guitars?

I haven't been really into collecting this stuff is too expensive for me but I am trying!

Ayaka,Fumiko and Jin Joo
89710489_211794840178240_8618117265453219840_o.jpg

So I bought a Vola Luna and its the best shred guitar I've ever played. I had never played one, asked about the neck profile and figured I could at worst flip it for a few hundred more because I got it at a steal of a price $700.

Vola-Luna-RF-Corvette-Yellow-Gloss-1024x373.png

gotoh everything, it doesn't do heavier stuff as well, but it plays like a dream. I won't swap out the pick ups because they're pretty damn good.

Looking at a cheaper 7 string guitar, and so far Rondomusic doesn't have anything thats calling me but Jericho Guiitars has some interesting options
https://jerichoguitars.com/product/fusion-7-ignition/
Fusion-7-8-705x266.jpg
\

https://jerichoguitars.com/product/elite-7-ignition/

Elite-Top-1500x630.jpg

https://jerichoguitars.com/product/7-string-blackest-soulmaster-2020-pre-order/

Black-on-Wood22.jpg

Been playing for roughly 20 years off and on, mostly on lately. I've got a few guitars. I just mostly jam.

About 1.5-2 years. Basically I've become strictly a finger style player....I enjoy it more so I haven't used a pick in 6 months. Picked up a taylor acoustic for Christmas.

Constantly cycling through about 25 songs of which I I can't play any fully.

Stop this train
Just breath
Landslide
Danny's song
Etc

Looking at a cheaper 7 string guitar, and so far Rondomusic doesn't have anything thats calling me but Jericho Guiitars has some interesting options

I've seen the Jackson JS-22-7 thrown about at times as a half decent cheap 7 string

I've seen the Jackson JS-22-7 thrown about at times as a half decent cheap 7 string

I'd also like something with a longer scale length if possible.

Last edited:
Been playing about 15 years. Rarely learn other people's songs as i like making my own. Mainly metal but also compose ambient music with my guitar then arrange it with midi instruments. Have about 30 projects overall with most of them abandoned. The 3 i still work on are ambient, doom metal and some sort of progressive grindcore. The last 2 genres i don't even like that much.

My guitars,

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
sgr-1788-main-lg.jpg

Schecter Omen Extreme
s-l640.jpg

Schecter Ultra 3
289-2891389_schecter-guitar-ultra-3-transparent-cartoons-schecter-ultra.png

Been playing about 15 years. Rarely learn other people's songs as i like making my own. Mainly metal but also compose ambient music with my guitar then arrange it with midi instruments. Have about 30 projects overall with most of them abandoned. The 3 i still work on are ambient, doom metal and some sort of progressive grindcore. The last 2 genres i don't even like that much.

My guitars,

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
sgr-1788-main-lg.jpg

Schecter Omen Extreme
s-l640.jpg

Schecter Ultra 3
289-2891389_schecter-guitar-ultra-3-transparent-cartoons-schecter-ultra.png

Used to have a C-1, loved it. Now I have a Solo II Custom. Also love it.

I'd also like something with a longer scale length if possible.

That Jacksons a 26.5" (The model up the 32-7 is also 26.5") so I'm guessing your after a baritone then?

So I was at guitar center yesterday buying an amp, and fiddled around with some guitars obviously. Was looking at a butterscotch Telecaster as I’ve always been interested in teles but never actually got my hands on one. Looked like this:
custom-shop-deluxe-maple-telecaster-butterscotch.jpg

Something I noticed, the edge of the fretboard was sharp, and the fret ends were not rounded at all. And when I say sharp, like it basically came to a point. There was no rounding to it at all. Is that a design element of tele’s? Or was this just a poorly made one?

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-3_8-40-56.jpeg
    upload_2020-8-3_8-40-56.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 1
Back