Guilty until proven innocent, how a bureaucrat can strip you of citizenship.

Rod1

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ce9c9b2e3914

Interesting read, sounds like something i would expect from a police state.

EDIT

Beyond the Trump, identity politics and racial profiling etc, etc.

The reason i shared this article, is because how they can strip you of your citizenship without even a trial, just like civil forfeiture stripping you of your property.

Its scary as fuck TBH.

Last edited:
Post the article because it says I have to pay for it and that is certainly not happening.

Sounds unprincipled and unnecessary. Secure the border, deport the illegals who commit crimes, and expand legal immigration.

Post the article because it says I have to pay for it and that is certainly not happening.

You can avoid most news paywalls by going incognito mode or flushing your browser.

This part might be important.

"The government alleges that from the 1950s through the 1990s, some midwives and physicians along the Texas-Mexico border provided U.S. birth certificates to babies who were actually born in Mexico. In a series of federal court cases in the 1990s, several birth attendants admitted to providing fraudulent documents.

Based on those suspicions, the State Department during the George W. Bush and Barack Obama administrations denied passports to people who were delivered by midwives in Texas’s Rio Grande Valley."

"The government alleges that from the 1950s through the 1990s, some midwives and physicians along the Texas-Mexico border provided U.S. birth certificates to babies who were actually born in Mexico. In a series of federal court cases in the 1990s, several birth attendants admitted to providing fraudulent documents.

Based on those suspicions, the State Department during the George W. Bush and Barack Obama administrations denied passports to people who were delivered by midwives in Texas’s Rio Grande Valley."

The part is almost irrelevant to the point i was trying to convey.

If the executive branch has proof that a particular individual is not a citizen then it should be a matter of proving it in court. Otherwise the wording of the article seems to imply that there is no limit to the powers of immigration to strip you of your citizenship.

You have a legal State issued document, you are not the one upon which the burden of proof should bear.

White supremacist gov't appointees being cruel. What else is new?

The part is almost irrelevant to the point i was trying to convey.

If the executive branch has proof that a particular individual is not a citizen then it should be a matter of proving it in court. Otherwise the wording of the article seems to imply that there is no limit to the powers of immigration to strip you of your citizenship.

You have a legal State issued document, you are not the one upon which the burden of proof should bear.

They can refuse to issue a passport because of suspect documentation. Getting a passport is not a right.

Now to deport someone should require due process.

Seems like someone told Trump about Mexican repatriation and he thought it sounded like a neat idea.

Did you keep reading and get to this part? I think its also important...
A 2009 government settlement in a case litigated by the American Civil Liberties Union seemed to have mostly put an end to the passport denials. Attorneys reported that the number of denials declined during the rest of the Obama administration, and the government settled promptly when people filed complaints after being denied passports.

But under President Trump, the passport denials and revocations appear to be surging, becoming part of a broader interrogation into the citizenship of people who have lived, voted and worked in the United States for their entire lives.

So take it to the courts and see what they say.
And for those who can't afford it? Just let em get fucked by the state? I hope you don't call yourself a small government conservative elsewhere...

Btw there's this part as well
Lawyers along the border say that it isn’t just those delivered by midwives who are being denied.

Babies delivered by Jorge Treviño, one of the regions most well-known gynecologists, are also being denied. When he died in 2015, the McAllen Monitor wrote in his obituary that Treviño had delivered 15,000 babies.

It’s unclear why babies delivered by Treviño are being targeted, and the State Department did not comment on individual birth attendants. Diez, the attorney, said the government has an affidavit from an unnamed Mexican doctor who said that Treviño’s office provided at least one fraudulent birth certificate for a child born in Mexico.
Pretty obvious Trump just wants to get rid of as many brown Democrats as possible to help out his team in the upcoming midterm election. He and his cronies are fucking scum.

You can avoid most news paywalls by going incognito mode or flushing your browser
Trumptards, you see why a wall is a dumb idea?

Mexicans are sneaky.

They can refuse to issue a passport because of suspect documentation. Getting a passport is not a right.

Now to deport someone should require due process.

Freedom of movement is indeed a right, without a passport that right is restricted.

So take it to the courts and see what they say.

Same argument with civil forfeiture, but why should a citizen be subject to a "guilty until proven innocent" legal hell because of the decision of a bureaucrat.

And for those who can't afford it? Just let em get fucked by the state? I hope you don't call yourself a small government conservative elsewhere...

Btw there's this part as well

Pretty obvious Trump just wants to get rid of as many brown Democrats as possible to help out his team in the upcoming midterm election. He and his cronies are fucking scum.

As I said any deportation should require due process.

Getting a passport is something different .

Freedom of movement is indeed a right, without a passport that right is restricted.

You can move from state to state with no passport that's the only freedom of movement that is a right.

Same argument with civil forfeiture, but why should a citizen be subject to a "guilty until proven innocent" legal hell because of the decision of a bureaucrat.

If getting a passport was a right I would agree due process would be required to take that right away.

Back