Guillard vs. Pearson - Divisional implications/predictions

MacDougall

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Both coming off decent wins. Guillard destroyed Danzig. Where does the winner of this go?

I think Guillard will finish him in the first round. If Couture had Guillard's striking he would have.

Well the couture fight shouldn't be used to gauge Pearson, as he injured his foot warming up for the fight.

Jeez, I just don't know who I want to lose more ...

melvin's weakness is on the ground. highly unlikely that it goes there. guillard KO1.

I got to go with Pearson by being the more technical and patient striker but I could see guillard blitzing him in the first few minutes. Should be a good fight.

Pearson UD

Ross is definately the better technical boxer, Guillard has far the power and athletisism. This is gonna be a great fight. As long as Ross can get through the 1st he'll wins this fight. I think he'll keep things really tight in the 1st and will look to slip and counter as he did against Sotiropolous. So I got Ross by either tko in the 3rd or UD. If it ends early then I've got Guillard

Going to go for Ross (not being biased)

Think his footwork and striking is slightly better than Guillard.

Also where is Guillard training for this fight ? Last I heard he split camps again.

Think this is Melvin's fight to lose. If Melvin fights like he can he should get a ko/tko but we all know how inconsistent he can be.

Will be rooting for Ross though.

Ross via TKO, Melvin got clipped by Lauzon and I feel he is going to get clipped again.

Back