Guide to who is an actual casual

I see “casuals” as the guys that parrot Rogan’s color commentary from fights and present it as their knowledge of fighting. The guys that name Conor as the standard for striking ability and use kids’ class terms for rudimentary grappling techniques and positions, all while having the practical experience of some trial sessions at their local MMA gym several years ago. The pictures they took of themselves after class are their social media profile pictures to this day, despite having never actually signed up.

Casual and proud. Been watching for over 15 years and only follow and watch fighters that interest me these days.

I've found as I've gotten older my interests and hobbies grow and vary in focus, time management becomes more difficult as responsibilities and priorities change.

For me, mma is pretty back-burner these days so I only invest in time into following a handful of fighters and the title pictures

Casual and proud. Been watching for over 15 years and only follow and watch fighters that interest me these days.

I've found as I've gotten older my interests and hobbies grow and vary in focus, time management becomes more difficult as responsibilities and priorities change.

For me, mma is pretty back-burner these days so I only invest in time into following a handful of fighters and the title pictures

Sounds more like an MMA Slacker than a Casual.

Casual has more of an ignorant, uninformed, lack of understanding — quality to it.

Sounds more like an MMA Slacker than a Casual.

Casual has more of an ignorant, uninformed, lack of understanding — quality to it.
Hmm yeah maybe that's fair. If knowledge is the barometer rather than current interest level

Real fight fans don't give a fuck who casuals are. They just want to watch fights.

I don't get this obsession about rooting out casuals. Who cares if someone is a casual? Would casuals watching UFC detract away from your enjoyment of the product? This is a hobby for most of us. We don't get paid for it. So who cares if casuals watch UFC?

Some guys are gonna argue that casuals make uninformed or obnoxiously ignorant comments on forums. But from what I can see, we have hardcore lifelong watchers who are just as capable of making dumb takes, or blind nut hugging.

This casual vs hardcore divide is plain stupid. We were all casuals once. And we are all fans of MMA.

Real fight fans don't give a fuck who casuals are. They just want to watch fights.

I don't get this obsession about rooting out casuals. Who cares if someone is a casual? Would casuals watching UFC detract away from your enjoyment of the product? This is a hobby for most of us. We don't get paid for it. So who cares if casuals watch UFC?

Some guys are gonna argue that casuals make uninformed or obnoxiously ignorant comments on forums. But from what I can see, we have hardcore lifelong watchers who are just as capable of making dumb takes, or blind nut hugging.

This casual vs hardcore divide is plain stupid. We were all casuals once. And we are all fans of MMA.

You raised a Casual, didn’t you?
How did you find out?
Was he Retweeting Conor? Cursing like a Leprechaun? Rogan poster above the bed?

I am definitely a casual then, come at me

if u r not spamming "RIP JOE ROGAN" during afterpresser in YouTube chat u r a casual

You might be a casual if you don't have a ufc hot dog brander

You might be a casual if you don't have ufc flip flops and wear them to Dave and busters to watch the Connor McGregor era on ppv.

You might be a casual if you haven't beaten someone into a living death at your local watering hole while wearing a cage fighter parking lot shirt.

You might be a casual if you haven't prayed to the just bleed gods for your guy to win via gogoplata while high... On weed.

I checked all your boxes for a couple of years but I can't be bothered anymore to watch every fight or even every card. Like the card tonight, does anybody actually care or just watching out of boredom? I got other interests man. Still a pretty knowledgeable fan but not a geek. It's better that way.

Only 5 untrained people in the world could be less casual than TS

I gotta say wmma is probably the main factor in pushing me toward having less and less interest in mma, so maybe there's some truth in this.

In my opinion if you check any of these boxes you are a casual.

You aren't interested in EVERY title fight. Even the female title fights have a little allure to me now but as a whole no where near the mens divisions.
Is this thread really a backdoor attempt to argue that WMMA is important?

Back