Guide to Actionzone Muay Thai Shop Bangkok

ill be heading there hopefully on saturday or monday. what do you mean print the directions? this thread?
The first page of the thread should suffice, methinks. :)

Thanks for sharing the pics! I remember going to Actionzone my first day in Thailand and that lady was so nice to me. I walked 4 miles to get there, was a sweaty mess, and she gave me an embroidered Actionzone towel and 2 bottles of ice cold water even before I bought anything.
4 miles?! Where were you coming from? Why didn't you take the BTS to National Stadium?! :eek:

4 miles?! Where were you coming from? Why didn't you take the BTS to National Stadium?! :eek:

Haha. I came from Silom near the Chong Nonsi BTS stop, went to the lumphini shops (which were closed) and then headed to Actionzone. I just felt like exploring the city on foot as it was my first day in Bangkok.

I took the bts to national stadium, started walking, and wondered why I couldn't see certain landmarks on my map. Then I had to walk back and take the bts to sala daeng:/

I took the bts to national stadium, started walking, and wondered why I couldn't see certain landmarks on my map. Then I had to walk back and take the bts to sala daeng:/

Were you going to Actionzone to Lumpinee?

i'll be headed there in early August.

Just wondering whats good to get for a total beginner in this sport?

Thinking of getting Fairtex stuff since the price difference but not confident of the looks ill get lol :)

i'll be headed there in early August.

Just wondering whats good to get for a total beginner in this sport?

Thinking of getting Fairtex stuff since the price difference but not confident of the looks ill get lol :)

Depending on the size of your hands, can't go wrong with the Fairtex BGV1 or Twins BGVL3. Both will be about half price or less compared to US retail (depending on how much you buy at once and how good your bargaining skills are).

For shin guards, Top King, Fairtex SP3 and SP5, and Twins SGL3 are all excellent choices.

Also pick up some shorts while you're there, way cheaper than in the US.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do they happen to carry Boon gloves?

On Nut station is a way from my hotel so i'm contemplating on making the trip.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do they happen to carry Boon gloves?

On Nut station is a way from my hotel so i'm contemplating on making the trip.

They do carry Boon gloves. While the selection is not as great as at the actual Boon shop, the prices will likely be about 10-20% cheaper at Action Zone.

I bought two Boon jerseys at Action Zone that were marked 390 baht and she sold them to me for 330 baht. At the Boon shop they cost 400 baht.

Yeah I'm really digging her prices too and yeah pretty much best service.
Too bad her e-mail service isn't on par..

Btw. anyone knows if she offers glove dogs or some products for taking care of teh gloves?

Last edited:
You guys are awesome with the quick info.

Ill probably look at getting a full set of King stuff which is really affordable or a boon glove at a slightly higher cost.

Decided to give fairtex a miss since its a premium line with premium prices

You guys are awesome with the quick info.

Ill probably look at getting a full set of King stuff which is really affordable or a boon glove at a slightly higher cost.

Decided to give fairtex a miss since its a premium line with premium prices

Go for Twins instead; even though King is made in the same factory, the design (not the aesthetic but actual shape/cut of the gear) and materials are not as high-quality as Twins (King is like the "B" line quality-wise, even though it's more stylish).

Yes just dropped a mail over the week.

Seems like fairtex and boon 14oz are going at 1350baht

Very competitive right nwo

Which was why I asked ;)

Anyway, I contacted the owner and she said she isn't selling Top King now :confused:
Wow, that's a bit of a surprise. Guess it's off to the Lumpinee Top King shop off Rama IV then. :icon_conf

Yes just dropped a mail over the week.

Seems like fairtex and boon 14oz are going at 1350baht

Very competitive right nwo
Great price for the Fairtex, terrible price for the Boon IMHO haha.

Which was why I asked ;)

Anyway, I contacted the owner and she said she isn't selling Top King now :confused:

She has struggled to consistently get Top King gear so I guess it possibly wasn't worth the hassle.

was quoted, 12oz I think

bgv-9 1620฿

Not 1350b at all :p

Back