Guida Not Retired

I’m down.

EDIT:

I don’t understand all the hate. Guy has had a handful of boring fights but also given us some of the greatest scraps in UFC history. You can’t tell me a card like the upcoming one this weekend couldn’t use a guy like Guida.

Last edited:
They will probably feed him to a prospect this time. I'm not sure what else would be left for him.

What was Clay's best win? What were his prime years?

Won't be surprised if they give him someone like Alex Hernandez, someone who can potentially make a name off him.

Can’t hate fighters like him or Diego.

Just can’t.
Not fair to Diego to put him in the same category as Guida. Diego always goes to war in his fights, Guida halfway through his career decided he was just going to stall and pray for decisions. The worst kind of fighter.

Probably his 2nd best win. He did beat RDA.
This was 5 years before Rda became a champ.
Rda wasn't that good at the time.

As opposed to the Pettis wins which was 2 years before Pettis became a champ and right after the Wec was bought (and pettis was the champ)
The ufc had hight hopes for PEttis then but Guida kinda hurt the hype train.

Last edited:
This was 5 years before Rda became a champ.
Rda wasn't that good at the time.
It doesn't matter if it was before he became a champion, he was always a dark horse at 155 and had already won a couple of post fight bonuses during his tenure at the time. Stefan Struve beat Miocic before he was ever champion, it shouldn't diminish the fact that a fighter beat another fighter who went on to do greater things.

What was Clay's best win? What were his prime years?

Probably Pettis. He was coming in as the WEC champ with a ton of heat on his name from the showtime kick.
Nate Diaz on a 5 fight streak coming off of TUF is probably 2nd.

His prime was probably 2008-2011. He had 2 respectable streaks in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back