Standing Overhead Press
40kgx6x3
45kgx6x2

Bench Press
50kgx8
70kgx6
80kgx6x3

Core
V-ups, sit-ups, lying leg raises, side bends and kneeling roll outs.

Saturday

Stretched and warmed up with broomstick overhead squats.

Back Squat
60kgx6
80kgx6
80kgx6
90kgx6
100kgx4 Couldn't quite hit parallel. Gonna have to lower the weight, as it's obviously to heavy for me.

Front Squat
50kgx5x5

SLDL
60kgx8x2

Swam 1km, front crawl. Rested no more than 30 seconds between laps, and swam as fast as I could.

I checked my weight today and I'm down to 139kg. Feeling pretty good about that.:icon_chee

Wednesday
It's mid-terms this week at my school, so I get half days.

Swam 2km, front crawl. First half was easy but then send half took a lot of effort.

Deadlift
60kgx6
100kgx6
120kgx6
130kgx4
130kgx4

Bent Over Rows
70kgx6x5

Pulldowns
Varied my grip for each set.
70kgx6x5

It ended up being a busy week so I didn't get a chance to hit the gym till the weekend.

Saturday

Standing Overhead Press
40kgx6x4
50kgx6 Push Pressed

Bench Press
60kgx6
70kgx6
80kgx6
80kgx6
70kgx6 Paused reps

DB Incline Press
20kgx8
25kgx8x4

Sunday
Used the 15kg bar instead of the 20kg bar. Lowered the weights a bit to make sure that I could get down good 'n low.

Back Squat
55kgx6
65kgx6
75kgx6
85kgx6
85kgx6

Front Squat
35kgx6
45kgx6
45kgx6
45kgx6
45kgx6

Zercher Squat
55kgx6
75kgx4
75kgx4

Cardio
Brisk walk (6km/h) for 20 minutes

I went to the hospital on Thursday for a diabetes checkup. Had to get my A1C (glucose test), cholesterol levels checked. The doctor wasn't too happy with me when I told her that I wasn't taking my diabetes pills anymore. I tried to explain that with diet and lots of exercise I was able to control my sugar levels. Hopefully the tests will come back and back up my claims. Also had some minor elective surgery done on the inside of my arms. One of the many complications diabetics can suffer from are bad skin problems. Now I have to keep my arms bandaged for a week and am not supposed to get my underarms wet for the next two weeks. That means no swimming. :icon_sad:

Tuesday
I wanted to watch Dreams so I ended up hitting the gym late.

Deadlifts
60kgx6
80kgx6
100kgx6
120kgx4
130kgx4
140kgx4 <==NEW PR!

Bent Over Rows
70kgx6x2
80kgx6x3

Pulldowns
70kgx6x2
80kgx4x2

Guevara, to teach did you take any courses first? You teach English, I assume?

Yep, I teach English.

All you really need to teach over in Korea (Taiwan and Japan too) is to be from an English speaking country and have a four year degree (major not important). Though taking a TEFL/CELTA course is useful in getting better pay and helping you in learn the ropes. If you want to teach at a university you'll need a masters minimum or lots of experience. I came to Korea almost seven years ago and I never took any courses. I ended up working in 'private institutes' for less pay/long hours for four years before I got my job at the public school.

Wednesday

Cardio
I hit the bike trail today and rode for about 16km. Can't remember how long it took.

Friday

Bench Press
60kgx8
70kgx6
80kgx6
90kgx3
80kgx6

Incline Press
60kgx6x4

Standing Overhead Press
40kgx6
40kgx5
30kgx6
35kgx6
35kgx6
Shoulders were exhausted by the time I got to SOHP, next time I'll go back to doing them first.

Saturday

Back Squats
60kgx6
60kgx6
80kgx6
80kgx6
90kgx6
90kgx6

Front Squats
50kgx4x5

Stiff Legged Deadlift
60kgx8x3

The holidays at schools are nice, aren't they? I teach at a private h.s. in japan. Do you guys have anything similar to a Golden Week vacation?

Yeah. The public schools here just added a new one week vacation this semester (which actually starts this Monday). One of the best things about teaching overseas are all the vacations and holidays.

Yup. The U.S. ranks something like 20th in the modernized world for annual vacations. What is Canada like for that?

Canada's pretty much on the same page as the US for vacations.

Monday

Cardio
Treadmill 10 mintutes warm up.

Core
V-ups, Lying leg raises, sit-ups, kneeling ab rollouts, side bends, planks and a few others that I can't remember.

Tuesday

Deadlifts
60kgx6
100kgx6
120kgx4
140kgx4
140kgx4

Bent Over Rows
60kgx6
80kgx6
80kgx6
85kgx6
85kgx6

Pulldowns
Varied grips
70kgx6
70kgx6
80kgx6
80kgx6
80kgx4

I lost the bet I had with my friend. He lost the nine kilos well before I could. I ended up giving him 80$ as opposed to buying the motorcycle tire. It turns out the tire costs a lot. Oh well.

Wednesday

Swam 1.2km, front crawl.

Cardio
Treadmill, 21 minutes.
3 minutes warm up then 9km/h(1min)~5km/h(2mins) x6

Standing Overhead Press
40kgx6
40kgx6
45kgx6 push pressed
40kgx6
40kgx6

Bench Press
60kgx8
60kgx8
80kgx8
90kgx6 spotted
90kgx6 spotted

Incline Press
60kgx6
65kgx6
60kgx6
60kgx6

I weighed myself today and I'm down to 138kgs.

Friday

Swam 1km, front crawl.

Saturday

Warmup

Back squat
60kgx6
60kgx5 filmed for form check
80kgx6
90kgx4
100kgx4 filmed for form check

Front Squat
50kgx5x4 filmed first set for form check

SLDL
60kgx8x3

Once I get the videos uploaded, I'll post them.

I've been meaning to tape my squats for a form check a while ago. The one thing that I know I have problems with is flexibility in my lower back, legs, shoulders and wrists. Let me know what I'm doing wrong and what I should improve.

I ripped my shorts on the second set. It started out as a small tear in the ass. But by the time I was finished, my shorts were completely torn from front to back. That also explains the towel I have on in the later videos.

Back Squat: 60kgx5
Recording started partially into my set.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZO-DViPfl8M&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZO-DViPfl8M&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Back Squat 100kgx4
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VJXL6NJLs1E&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VJXL6NJLs1E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Front Squat 50kgx5
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9WO5xjdjTY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-9WO5xjdjTY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Wednesday

Deadlifts
60kgx6
100kgx6
120kgx4
140kgx4
150kgx3 Was feeling pretty good, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Was glad I did.

Bent Over Rows
70kgx6x2
80kgx6x3

Pulldowns
Wide grip and closed grip
70kgx6x2
80kgx6x3

My back is pretty sore today, bad DOMS I think.

Thursday

1 Armed DB Press
After reading the thread on one-armed dumbbell press I though I'd give it a shot.
15kgx8
15kgx8
20kgx6
20kgx4
15kgx8
It was a lot harder than I expected. My left arm really struggled with the 20kg dumbbells.

Bench Press
60kgx8
70kgx6
80kgx6
90kgx1
85kgx2
60kgx8 paused reps
In retrospect I don't think last weeks 90kg bench presses should be counted. As the guy spotting me had his hand on the bar the whole time. He must have been pulling the weight with him (ala buddy lift) cause when I did it this week I could get past the 2nd rep by myself.:redface:

Incline Press
60kgx6
70kgx6
70kgx6

Try to go down a little deeper on those squats, and don't lean forward so much at the bottom. Other than that good job man.

^^^Cool, thanks.

Friday

Today was my first day at boxing class. I've been really wanting to learn how to box for some time now. I used to tell myself I was too out of shape to try it and that once I was sub 280lbs, I would give it a go. Well, I'm down to 300ish and not really in shape but I figure if I don't do it now, I'll be kicking myself later.

So, I found a boxing gym that didn't mind having foreigners join up. The owner/coach doesn't really speak English but he gets his point across well enough for me to understand. And one thing he did make clear from the beginning is that I need to lose weight.

Here's how it went:

-Cardio, treadmill for twenty minutes.
-Stretching
-Jumping Jacks
-Practiced breathing technique
-learned how to wrap my wrist wraps. (This going to take practice.)
-Punching bag
Standing in front of the bag with my legs shoulder width apart. I punched with my left hand, then right hand, working on rotating my hips as I punched. I hit the bag 70 times for 9 sets. Pretty much by the 2nd set my arms were aching and I was winded. In between sets I would practice the breathing I learned earlier.

Right now, my new schedule is going to look like:

Monday, Boxing Class
Tuesday, Pull (DL, BOR...)
Wednesday, Boxing Class
Thursday, Push (SOHP, BP...)
Friday, Boxing Class
Saturday, Squats
Sunday, Rest
I'm not sure how swimming is going to fit in, but I would like to keep at it a few times a week. I find it helps a lot for my lower back and shoulders.

Saturday

I didn't hit the gym till late today. I was up early catching an intercity bus up the southeast coast. It was my friend's birthday so me and some friends went to visit him. I didn't get back into town until the early evening and had to drag myself to the gym.

Back Squats
barx8x2 warm up
60kgx8x2
80kgx6x3

Front Squats
40kgx5x2
50kgx5x2

Calf Raises
45kgx15x4

Back