Guess who came to dinner at GNC:

Sinister

Doctor of Doom
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
No I'm not kidding. This guy walks into the store last week:

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterid=4836

Not only that, but Hugo, the manager of the North Miami store has an extended conversation with him about Nutrition and is asked to write up a diet. Today I met his wife and son, good people. So he's buying his supplements and getting Nutritional advice from us now.

His wife said he was originally going to be in Babalu's corner for his next bout, but decided instead to go to New York to train for his next fight which is in March in Ohio (I think), at which point he's going to come back around the South Florida parts and stop in to visit us at GNC.

And let me say this, every Gracie kid looks EXACTLY like the old pictures of Royce and Rickson and all them when they were kids. Daniel's son looks JUST like those pictures.

Yeah I saw him Friday at Renzo's. Dude loves Florida and he's really cool. Great character too. I thought Roger was big, but this dude is huge.

Yeah he is quite monsterous. When Hugo described him I thought he was exaggerating, until I saw him for myself.

One of the other employess didn't believe that we met him, nor that Hugo was working with him on his eating (I hope to be able to contribute if I get to speak with him more at-length, I only saw him in-passing), to help accentuate his fighting. And this particular co-worker is Mr. "I don't believe that." But when he saw Daniel's wife, and then heard her talking to Hugo in Portugese about the diet, he had to bow-down. A good moment. lol

Tell him LCDforMe says, "Hi". If not, I understand.

That's sweet though, bro. I need to work at a cool store sometime. Or just work...

Tell him he's my favorite model.

I'm not going to tell him that, lol. The last thing I need to do is get fired from my job for having an MMA match against a Gracie in the store during business hours. You come here and you tell him that, I'll give him a heads up this way he can wait until you're in the parking lot before shooting on you.

I've never seen him fight, but he's obviously a big guy. Any chance he could hang with AA??

Flounder said:
I've never seen him fight, but he's obviously a big guy. Any chance he could hang with AA??

AA is way overrated! and not only that , but hughes is gonna get demolished against lil gracie and pride > ufc!

:icon_chee

Flounder said:

He had a difficult time hanging with Nakamura.

This isn't a slam on Kabuki, but it kinda makes me wonder if he's getting diet advice from a manager at GNC. I would just think being a pro combat athlete, he would have better access to world class strength & conditioning coaches and nutrtitionists.

*Kabuki is very knowledgable, and has been a great help on these forums. Having said that, I'm sure he's not the average GNC employee.

My boss at the North Miami store actually studies Pharmacology as well as Nutrition.

I know GNC has a bad rep, but the owners of the store I work at like their employees knowledgeable. On our staff right now we have:

The manager mentioned above.
The manager of the Oakwood store (I work both stores), is studying Biology and has competed in Figure competitions.
Myself in-training to be a Pro Fighter and studying to become a Licensed Dietician, and soon I'll be testing to be a certified Level 1 Boxing Coach..
A Licensed Massage Therpist who also teaches skin-care at a cosmotology school.
A tentative powerlifter.
Another dude who is studying to become a hygentist.
A former personal trainer.

We have a pretty solid staff. So my guess is Daniel came in and talked to Hugo initially and Hugo impressed him with his knowledge.

Keep in-mind Pro Fighters are also cost-conscious. Hugo is willing to help him for free, with sound advice that makes sense when you apply it. This means he doesn't have to PAY that World Class Strength and Conditioning Coach or Nutritionist, as they tend to be pricey.

Daniel also travels a lot, so I'm sure the expenses add up. This thing with our store we're looking at it almost like Sponsorship. He comes, gets good deals, sound advice, gets price-breaks, and lends credibility to our clientele. Win/win situation.

Seems like a solid staff for sure. A store is only as good as the people and the products.

I've actually seen an obese women working at a gnc once. It baffled my mind.

Corporate GNC's don't give one rat's ass who they hire. As long as you'll work cheap and do as you're told.

King Kabuki said:
Corporate GNC's don't give one rat's ass who they hire. As long as you'll work cheap and do as you're told.

They wont hire me!:mad:

They keep saying I have to be 18. Regardless, I know more than most of the employees at the current 2 GNCs I go to.

So then today this guy comes into the store. He's been in before, and I'm a pretty big fan of his work:

http://www.yngwie.org/

Who the fuck knew he speaks fluent Japanese?

I got a cool story now. I spoke to a guitar God in Japanese.

Bye the way add about 20 years and 10lbs to that picture and you got what he looks like nowadays. But still, if none of you knows who he is download a video clip of him playing Guitar.

Back