Guess we can laugh now.. Brendan Schaub: Ronda at 50% beats Amanda Nunes

DomiDomi

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Stylistically bad match up for Nunes according to this expert.

Callen picks Nunes to win and Schaub patronises him telling him he doesn't know what he's talking about and that he'll let him keep his money by refusing to bet with him. Their producer chimes in agreeing with Schaub proclaiming it's a terrible match up for Nunes.

I'm sure he's going to claim Ronda's head wasn't right or her heart wasn't in it as the reason he was so horribly wrong.

Stupid or just wanted to say something controversial

HEADLINE...

Schaub says dumb shit!

Why do people give any credence to his opinion? Dude is a meathead.

Bryan Callen knows more about MMA than this idiot.

Ronda can now concentrate on Lethal Weapon 9...Thank You for your insight Big Brown

Man I hated that guy Evan's input and even the sound of his voice. He seemed failry clueless about MMA and covers it for FOX in some capaicity

Earlier in her career i think Ronda would have had decent chance. But now, she did not even fight. First shot she took and the game face was gone, she was just in shock.

Also, its the same thing that happened with guys lower weight class divisions. For example Miguel Torres was considered to be one of the top P4P fighters, but when competition started to get tougher, he could not keep up.

Based on her performance, Ronda must've been somewhere around 1%.

Accurate timeline of what happened:

Fight was announced, people said Nunes would destroy her
Couple of weeks out, people still said Nunes would destroy her and Ronda was mentally weak
Days before the fight, people started turning in favor of Ronda and she was all of a sudden the favorite
After the fight, people knew Ronda was going to lose and everybody who picked her is a moron

I don't like ronda but I thought she would steamroll Nunes because in her losses Nunes has been terrible on the bottom. Obviously ronda didn't dodge, roll with, or slip a single punch; Nunes missed one punch on her own. Holm and Nunes were pretty much impervious to ronda's judo throws. When looking back over ronda's 14 fights, she was great at throwing the clueless and those physically weaker. Incidentally, when watching ronda's olympic fights she wasn't throwing other people. Nunes pushed ronda off her with total ease.

Anyone who thinks Schaub is qualified is a dope.

He was a fringe top 15 fighter whose lone shining moment was picking the bones of Cro Cop.

He has no striking, wrestling or bjj credentials, he's irrelevant.

Schaud had it right 'a brazilian monster' he just had the wrong fucking person.

Schaub wrong and Callen right again? He must've underestimated how much of a m-m-m-m-monster Nunes is.

lol Schaub with the patronizing 'wanna bet on it?'. And I don't like Brian at all but god damn Schaub.

Lots of people thought the same thing as Schaub

Didn't he also say that her cave of wonder had quite the odoriferous fragrance..

Callen owes Schaub like 60K from losing on MMA predictions. So, what the fuck are you talking about?

I don't know their full betting history. I just remember Callen picking Diaz over McGregor and Schaub belittling his opinion.

Back