Guess Bellator's total PPV buys

there was literally nothing on tonight. no nba or nhl playoffs. so im expecting a decent number. I had zero plans of buying it after eddie dropped out. I ended up buying it because I had zero plans and nothing else was on

Marquez was fighting tho. And Dana was promoting it on Twitter lmao

I have some lovely oceanfront property in Arizona that I would like to sell to anyone stupid enough to buy that PPV.

Not sure. However, I am very doubtful that the buyrate will cover the cost. Bellator ended up having to pay millions for a few extra minutes that in all honesty was not worth it.

Guessing 125K. The UFC is struggling with PPV buys as it stands, so I can't see Bellator matching a UFC card in buys.

You realize if bellator got 125k for this card it would actually be amazing for them. UFC 161 was reported at 140k, there is no way in hell this comes anywhere near that.

Affliction was getting around 100k with a roster of top HWs in the world during a time when MMA was at it's peak in North America.

Under 50k probably 40 +/- 5k. I was so wrong about my fight bets tonight it will probably be over 100k.

Last edited:
You realize if bellator got 125k for this card it would actually be amazing for them. UFC 161 was reported at 140k, there is no way in hell this comes anywhere near that.

Affliction was getting around 100k with a roster of top HWs in the world during a time when MMA was at it's peak in North America.

But Affiliction did not have the luxury of airing prelims on Spike TV. I think a lot of people will be surprised by the power of Spike TV. You can see how much Bellator has been doing since moving from MTV2 to Spike.

Nowhere higher than 50k, probably closer to 20ish

But Affiliction did not have the luxury of airing prelims on Spike TV. I think a lot of people will be surprised by the power of Spike TV. You can see how much Bellator has been doing since moving from MTV2 to Spike.

That's free TV on a friday night. Big difference when you make the jump of getting people to fork down money for a PPV.

As I said before, MMA PPVs are WAY down from what they were 4/5 years ago. Bellator is trying to get into this current climate of oversaturation with a far inferior product to the UFC. The card was riding on 2 good LWs and that fell through.

Around 40-50k but 75k would be a huge win for them.

Below 25k is very bad

That's free TV on a friday night. Big difference when you make the jump of getting people to fork down money for a PPV.

As I said before, MMA PPVs are WAY down from what they were 4/5 years ago. Bellator is trying to get into this current climate of oversaturation with a far inferior product to the UFC. The card was riding on 2 good LWs and that fell through.

Ufc ppvs are down in the last 4-5 years because they are too watered down. They are the equivalent to a boxing tuesday night fights card but for $69.95 or whatever it is nowadays. Bellator has some fans that may have bought it just because they like they company and want to support it a little as theyve been watxhing free cards for years. Page probably has a few fans who bought for him, same with tito, and theres probably a bunch of curious ufc and general mma people who also paid.

My guess is between 200,000-300,000 based on:

50-100k bellator fans
50k rampage fans
50k tito fans
50k curious ufc and general mma fans

Back