Guerrero vs Thurman, Broner vs Molina set for NBC on March 7

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by MMALOPEZ, Jan 14, 2015.

1. MMALOPEZ

MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

[​IMG]

bert Guerrero will reportedly meet Keith Thurman in the main event of an NBC-televised boxing card on March 7, as Al Haymon's new venture kicks off with a strong main event matchup, as well as Adrien Broner in a potentially exciting co-feature against John Molina.

BoxingScene.com reported earlier that the two fights are set. Haymon is set to announce the fights today!

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/1/1...urman-broner-vs-molina-set-for-nbc-on-march-7

Thumbs up or down for this first Haymon show?

*a rumor floating around is that they will also announce danny garcia vs lamont peterson for a future event!!!

2. Diamond Jim

Diamond Jim Silver Belt

Main event isn't bad. Molina is 2-3 in his last five fights. Don't see what good a win does for Broner there.

3. CatchnShoot

CatchnShoot Black Belt

If this actually ends up on air, I'd say it's a pretty darn good couples of fights. It's certainly better than I expected for this series.

4. XThe GreatestX

XThe GreatestX Red Belt

not to shabby

5. borntoloseNOT

borntoloseNOT Brown Belt

I'd love to watch Thurman knock out Guerrero, it'd really get my boxing year off to a great start, I hope that's the outcome of that fight. Broner/Molina is a fight I want to see, as well. This fight might seem "meaningless" on the surface, but Molina presents a credible enough threat in my mind to make it exciting, and I'm hoping for a Randall Bailey/Mike Jones-esque moment with Broner's ass at least tasting the canvas once to shut him up a little more, but I fully expect him to win, and doubt he'll get KO'd.

Sounds like a fun card.

6. LogicalInsanity

LogicalInsanity Free RR! Belt

CrossFit Guerrero vs Thurman should be a fire fight...very excited to see that...

With his neverending gas thank, CrossFit training, Guerrero might pull this off...I would have Thurman at -210..

regarding Molina, who isn't a fan of this guy after his fight of the year against Matty last year?

Molina will have an opponent who will stand in front of him...

and Molina has some very underrated power...

this is surprisingly a great card.

7. swole420

swole420 Green Belt

Nice card! What is the deal with the Guerreo crossfit thing? Is he famous for doing crossfit?

8. LogicalInsanity

He's the first professional Boxer officially sponsored by CrossFit.

9. Confucamus

Confucamus Last of the V8s Platinum Member

First I'm hearing of this. I'm surprised none of the people who post about CrossFit on facebook every goddamn day hasn't mentioned it.

10. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

Thurman shouldn't have any serious problems with the older and less eclectic Guerrero. Should be a fun fight though.

Broner vs Molina may actually be a fun fight too since, like LI said, Broner is not very light on his feet. But Molina has lost 4 of his last 7 fights, which is why Haymon is matching him with Broner. Molina just doesn't win much anymore.

Wasn't Broner saying he'd never agree to fight on an undercard again? He seems to think he's a big star, so I'm a little surprised to see Haymon making him play second fiddle to Thurman. Although he's obviously the inferior fighter.

Probably because Guerrero has no name recognition whatsoever. Only boxing fans know who he is.

11. flat1985

flat1985 Blue Belt

I think its a good card i got Thurman & Broner winning.

12. Confucamus

Confucamus Last of the V8s Platinum Member

I know. I was just taking a not so clever dig at CrossFit people who have to tell EVERYONE they do crossfit.

13. LogicalInsanity

Lmao...why do you think I'm mentioning it? Why do you think I mention CrossFit everytime Robert Guerrero is mentioned?

14. cottagecheesefan

cottagecheesefan Silver Belt

Reg NBC or NBC Sports?

15. MMALOPEZ

MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

16. MMALOPEZ

MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

17. CatchnShoot

CatchnShoot Black Belt

To be fair, Molina is the exact level of opponent people would bitch about Broner fighting on HBO, or the matches Andre Berto was getting for that matter.

I'm not saying it won't be a good fight, because it will be. It would be a mistake, however, to think that Broner won't be a large-ish favorite going in.

Thurman is at the level where he should be fighting the elite, and instead he's put in against "The Ghost"; for convenience, I would assume. Thurman is going to smash, and I like Guerrero, he's just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Haymon has set the bar so low that this announcement is better than we might have guessed or hoped for, but still, the matches that are tilted very much in the favorites' favour in each case.

Again, I am doubtful that this card actually comes off, but here's hoping for good things. :)

18. LogicalInsanity

Robert CrossFit Guerrero is legit...this guy is tough as hell and brings it 100 percent every time...If Thurman steam rolls him I'll be very surprised.

MOlina is also legit... he earned everyone's respect after his fight against Matty...he proved he can take a punch and deliver as well...

Broner is a stationery fighter...with little lateral movement...he's going to stand in front of MOlina and get lit up...

19. Wanderlei4Life

Wanderlei4Life Red Belt

Molina is getting Ko'ed, don't be ridiculous. He's a journeymen at best.

20. LogicalInsanity

Very possible, but Broner fu*king sucks too.