Guerilla Cardio

fdny92 said:
LMAO! Isn't it AWESOME!

I have already lost weight doing the tabata........ in 3 weeks from 232 to 218. No supplemnts either. Gonna get some carbolin 19 and some alpha male soon. See how it goes.

Good Luck

How often have you been doing it, and which exercises are you using?

The last time I did Tabata thrusters, it took a week for the muscles to stop hurting. I just did them again yesterday.

In the begining I was hurting...real sore. I had to skip the sprinting for two sessions, my achilles was real fucking sore.

I get up 6 am go into the feild(next to my house) and do the tabata sprints. Then I go inside and do the tabata with sit ups, push ups, bw squats, and medicine ball twists. I do four exercises each time after the run. Don't think I do them right after one another, after eight intervals I stop for about 5 min. Then go right into the next exercise.

I switch up the exercises every other day. I do handstand push ups, chin ups( all diffrent variations), pull ups, dips, incline push ups ( w/ push up bars), Shoulder press with 5 pound dumbbells( they kill, sore for days), thrusters(real sore), leg lifts, A-frame sit ups and close handed push ups.

There a ton of other exercise I will incorporate. IMO this workout is great, perfect for me. Plus your building endurence. I train JuJuTsu as well 2-3 times a week. I feel my endurence has gotten better on the mat as well. As far as diet I just dont eat after 9pm. Eat a lot of chicken, steak, pork, fish, veggies, peanut butter, fruit, and oatmeal. I was a cookie junkie, late at night especially with milk, Dunken Donuts Chocolate Chip... like fucking crack!

Keep it up bro, the weight will fall off. It is for me. I do it every other day. Just got my wife on it this week, see what happens.

Good Luck!
FDNY

I forgot .... if a body part is to sore, I do a different body part. I have also am getting defined as well. Got a four pack now, soon should have the six pack back.

Good Luck and Stick To It!
FDNY

So just to clarify things after reading the guerilla cardio document its basicly 4 minutes with 2 20 sec sprints in each minute with 10 sec rests. just doing that will supposedly start burnin body fat and cut me up? sounds to easy. What is all that tabata stuff i see.

fdny92 said:
I forgot .... if a body part is to sore, I do a different body part. I have also am getting defined as well. Got a four pack now, soon should have the six pack back.

Good Luck and Stick To It!
FDNY

Great news man, I been doing this workout hard for the last two weeks, all that sweat that went off, I feel a big difference already

Also would it work ok if i sprinted on a lifting day like later in the day, because im lifting 5 days a week.

Izwar said:
Also would it work ok if i sprinted on a lifting day like later in the day, because im lifting 5 days a week.

Why do you lift so many times?

Izwar said:
sounds to easy.

and you'd be wrong with that assumption.
Looking at it it is easy, but after 3 full out sprints that you need a couple of minutes to recover from, but you have 10 seconds, and you have another 5 to go, trust me, its FAR from easy.

Tabata is a protocal that is basically the same, but its for any exercise, 'guerilla cardio' is the same protocal but specifically to running (yes yes, theres a warm up and cool down phase, but thats all they are)

fdny92 said:
In the begining I was hurting...real sore. I had to skip the sprinting for two sessions, my achilles was real fucking sore.

I get up 6 am go into the feild(next to my house) and do the tabata sprints. Then I go inside and do the tabata with sit ups, push ups, bw squats, and medicine ball twists. I do four exercises each time after the run. Don't think I do them right after one another, after eight intervals I stop for about 5 min. Then go right into the next exercise.

I switch up the exercises every other day. I do handstand push ups, chin ups( all diffrent variations), pull ups, dips, incline push ups ( w/ push up bars), Shoulder press with 5 pound dumbbells( they kill, sore for days), thrusters(real sore), leg lifts, A-frame sit ups and close handed push ups.

There a ton of other exercise I will incorporate. IMO this workout is great, perfect for me. Plus your building endurence. I train JuJuTsu as well 2-3 times a week. I feel my endurence has gotten better on the mat as well. As far as diet I just dont eat after 9pm. Eat a lot of chicken, steak, pork, fish, veggies, peanut butter, fruit, and oatmeal. I was a cookie junkie, late at night especially with milk, Dunken Donuts Chocolate Chip... like fucking crack!

Keep it up bro, the weight will fall off. It is for me. I do it every other day. Just got my wife on it this week, see what happens.

Good Luck!
FDNY

That sounds pretty tough
Can I ask a question though and by all means this isn't a dig, just i'm curious. If you do the sprinting and then go and do push ups etc., why didn't you decide to increase the number of sprints (ie go from 8 to 20 say) instead of doing the same protocal but with another exercise.
Does that make sense. I see your a ground work guy and I'm more of a stand up, which is probably why I even ask this.

THe lifting routine im currently doin is 5 days a week, because i like to work a muscle 2 times a week. I dnno i feel mentally that if i do a MWF routine that once i work my chest lets say that by the next time i work it will have shrunk beause to much time went by, i dnno if this is true but it is how my mind makes me feel.

By Ian1983:
That sounds pretty tough
Can I ask a question though and by all means this isn't a dig, just i'm curious. If you do the sprinting and then go and do push ups etc., why didn't you decide to increase the number of sprints (ie go from 8 to 20 say) instead of doing the same protocal but with another exercise.
Does that make sense. I see your a ground work guy and I'm more of a stand up, which is probably why I even ask this.

No dig at all bro, I aint no expert on this just some focker trying it out. Bro, increase it? I aint ready for that yet! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: please!!!! I'll fucking keel over! I have to get to the point were I can do my 6th, 7th & 8th sprint almost like the first, Then I'll add more intervals and so on...... Not a stupid ? at all!

We do a lot of stand up as well, It has helped in that area too.......... At home I have a heavy bag and I do all my kicks with the tabata too....... I just started that a couple of days ago after training at the dojo.

By the way how do you use the quote task?

Just how you wrote it it sounded like you do the cardio work with the tabata protocal, then have a rest and do it again for something like push ups or sit ups and I was just unsure why you would do that (ie for like 3 different exercises you'd be doing tabata work). I see where your coming from though. At the moment your wasted after each exercise so you move to another area completely and work that to build endurance there. I thought that'd be why you did the cal stuff, being a grappler.

if you look at my post there is something under it that says quote me (which comes up as [ quote]..... [ /quote] ). Take out the spaces :)

Everyone wants to start chanigng the work on and the rest off periods--the reasons it is 20 on and 10 off is because that is what works the best--their are studies to prove this.

DOing longer intervls means the VO 2 is not as high--optimal VO2 is 170% of your maximum. YOU cannot do that for more time (unless you were Lance Armstrong and on a lot of different drugs like EPO).

Anyway, do not change the times.

Has anybody tried this workout with burpees? They seem like an ideal exercise for it.

This workout remonds me a little of bas rutten's cardio workout on the bas rutten dvd's. Bas does a warmup on the threatmill and then, on the highest incline setting, with higher speed he does 45 seconds of sprinting, 30 seconds rest 45 seconds sprinting etc. this he does 9 times.

YOu guys keep missing the point:
WORD TO THE WISE
DO NOT CHANGE THE TIMES---OR GO AHEAD AND DON'T GET THE RESULTS

Back