Guard retention from near pass *Video*

i've been trying to pull this off consistently for ages and just can't do it against anyone worth a damn. people do it all the time effectively against me, but somehow i can't do this without ending up in a double under pass and getting smashed.

i've been trying to pull this off consistently for ages and just can't do it against anyone worth a damn. people do it all the time effectively against me, but somehow i can't do this without ending up in a double under pass and getting smashed.

You should really check out the this episode of Rolled up. The technique part will serve you good!

i use this same turn away and granby roll for when i get put in knee on belly. never though to use it to retain/regain guard. awesome

i use this same turn away and granby roll for when i get put in knee on belly. never though to use it to retain/regain guard. awesome

Same here. Saulo shows it as a response to KOB (the running man, I think it's called in his book).

I still use it for KOB, but have a harder time getting it to work in this sort of situation. Time to revisit it though.

You should really check out the this episode of Rolled up. The technique part will serve you good!

oh yes, i've been using the underhook to yank out a triangle as a counter to that pass for a longass time now. but it only works if you're quick enough and your back is still on the mat, when i get caught in this while trying to reguard with the roll, i'm usually high on my shoulders and they just beat me to shit.

that underhook counter to the double-under pass is exactly what i've been looking for. hell yes

Back