Guard Pass Body Shuck

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Gerbiljiujitsu, May 26, 2014.

1. Gerbiljiujitsu

Gerbiljiujitsu Purple Belt

This is one of my favorite passes. It plays off of the double under stacking pass for when I cant get my hands connected (which is most of the time at the black belt level).

Hand placement on the belt is very important. Make sure to watch the video and reference where my grips are and how I tuck my elbows.

You will find the more that you do this pass the more your body angle plays an important roll in not only getting around the corner, but also avoiding having your thigh caught by your opponent's foot.

How you end in this move is going to depend on what your opponent does. Don't be afraid to use that grip on the belt to manhandle your opponent a little. Try to stay tight and ride their hips on the far side of their legs.

This move fits wonderfully with the Hang Clean Pass (which I will film next time around). But I almost always try this before popping to my feet to lift them.

2. BrainBar

BrainBar Orange Belt

The "Hang Clean Pass"?? Oh please God...tell me about this. As a former football player, I lived in the gym doing power and hang cleans. I can picture grabbing the belt, and doing a hang clean. Cant be that simple. Please describe!!!!

3. thegreenblender

thegreenblender Brown Belt

Nice new wrinkle on the double under...will be trying. Thanks.

4. Gerbiljiujitsu

It is everything you are hoping for. It's a high level pass that starts exactly how you're thinking then ends slightly differently.

You just have to be very careful that you don't spike your partner on his/her head. Remember that is an automatic DQ as well as being a douche move and dangerous :D

5. Einarr

Einarr Banned Banned

Sounds like the move where you grab the back of their pants and flip them over their head into a turtle?

6. Gerbiljiujitsu

That's the one!

7. DaRuckus337

DaRuckus337 Black Belt

One of my oldest and favorite passes. Like the detail about the way you suck them in after coming up to side control. Believe it or not, this pass actually came to me in a dream before I had ever actually seen it done or taught. Essentially repurposes the movements of a peak out, which was something I was already quite comfortable with. Fairly high percentage, fairly low risk, and also works gi and no gi.

8. Gerbiljiujitsu

It really is a simple and high percentage move. The control you get from the belt is pretty amazing. The trick is making sure to tuck your elbows so you dont get elbow pushed...that move is extremely frustrating.