GSP's no ko's, lack of power? Or accuracy??

Then please, go ahead and tell me all these reasons why Georges doesn't get a finish.

Because from what I've heard from you, these reasons, like the lack of time and rules, apply to all champions, yet they don't seem to have the same problem.

Not all champions have the same style, some are more affected by some rules than others.

Knees to the head of a downed opponent is a perfect example. GSPs finish rate would sky rocket with the removal of such a rule.

Also, I would like to add that judging every champion on Anderson Silva's scale is unfair, Silva is on a class of his own. If he continues like he is currently doing, Silva will even surpass Fedor as GOAT. Silva is a special case and every champion cannot be as strong as him.

Not all champions have the same style, some are more affected by some rules than others.

Knees to the head of a downed opponent is a perfect example. GSPs finish rate would sky rocket with the removal of such a rule.

Rules that previously never prevented Georges from finishing fights at a high rate.

Also, I would like to add that judging every champion on Anderson Silva's scale is unfair, Silva is on a class of his own. If he continues like he is currently doing, Silva will even surpass Fedor as GOAT. Silva is a special case and every champion cannot be as strong as him.

I was thinking more about Jones.

Skill wise, there's nothing Jones is better at then Georges. But he still manages to finish fighters that have been very hard to finish, and he does it in a way that Georges used to.

he may not of been knocking people out before he was knocked out by the TERROR but he was finishing fights so many times he could of put fitch away but played it safe he would of took bj to decision if it wasnt for bj's brother he failed to put away alves even though alves had nothing for him n was on his back the whole fight... Im just like the old gsp better the one who knocked out hughes with a head kick and sean sherk with deadly ground and pound or the one who submitted frank trigg you dont see that GSP anymore hes like rocky balboa before he fought clubber lang

Rules that previously never prevented Georges from finishing fights at a high rate.

Skill wise, there's nothing Jones is better at then Georges. But he still manages to finish fighters that have been very hard to finish, and he does it in a way that Georges used to.

Again different style. Different rules affect different fighters finishing rate.

It's really not that complicated... unless you're on a mission which prevents you from seeing it...

you mean when his OVERALL level of comp was much lower?

Inb4usaylevelofcompdoesnotmatter.

(then you look at Lombard and Condit and Diaz and see when they fight higher level UFC comp there finish rate drops precipitously but when they fight lower comp they are finishing machines. yup no correlation)

Jones is stacking up to be one of the most dynamic finishers in mma history. As was pointed out to you, not everyone has the same strengths. GSP is elite in control elements such as distance control, td's, positional bjj but he is only very good at finishing striking and finishing bjj. He has never shown elite levels in those areas ever.

If you are not elite in those finishing elements of mma, in todays mma where guys train defense at such a high level, finishing fights is very difficult unless you are fighting lower level guys.

It has to do with lack of stepping into the punch. He tries to punch guys from far away distance to avoid getting hit, and once he is in the pocket range, he shoots for a double.

Not to mention, you don't usually KO guys with a jab either. Again, another way to create the furthest distance possible to avoid getting hit.

Again different style. Different rules affect different fighters finishing rate.

It's really not that complicated... unless you're on a mission which prevents you from seeing it...

You called him correctly a page prior. He is one of GSP's biggest haters on this forum and has nothing but bile for him and will try and spin and classify anything GSP in the worst possible light. Not every fighter has KO power in their strikes. Decades of fight sport have taught us guys like Paul Daley exist with massive power down to guys with very little to none and every where in between.

Accepting that GSP does not have big power and yet has over come that and found a way to be a top level winner does not work for his trolls as that is a compliment. So instead they have to accept that GSP is just doesn't try or is afraid to finish as that allows the insult.

Anyway, you are far to good a poster to get into the gutter with a troll like this. Leave that to me. :icon_chee

You called him correctly a page prior. He is one of GSP's biggest haters on this forum and has nothing but bile for him and will try and spin and classify anything GSP in the worst possible light. Not every fighter has KO power in their strikes. Decades of fight sport have taught us guys like Paul Daley exist with massive power down to guys with very little to none and every where in between.

Accepting that GSP does not have big power and yet has over come that and found a way to be a top level winner does not work for his trolls as that is a compliment. So instead they have to accept that GSP is just doesn't try or is afraid to finish as that allows the insult.

Anyway, you are far to good a poster to get into the gutter with a troll like this. Leave that to me. :icon_chee

This/:D

well I am a HUGE gsphater obviously but I will say one thing he has been fighting pretty duarable guys like Fitch, Kos and condit who are aside from a few fluke ko's are not easy to finish. HOWEVER there is absolutely NO excuse for the ww goat to go life and death with dan hardy, lose a round on the feet to jake shields and not finish thiago alves on the ground with or without a groin once that guy is on his back. gsp just isnt a finisher and isnt an exciting fighter, period.

He doesn't really look for the ko, maybe doesn't trust his standup enough to commit. He barely ever throws a power shot, everything looks like a jab. I think when he fought Jake he tried out an overhand that rarely landed, but I can't recall him using that punch in other fights. I can't remember him ever winging a left hook, though I am sure he has at some point. He's has a jump in, throw a 1 or 2 punch combo, then back out or go for the takedown, style.

Or Serra just beat the killer instinct out of him permanently...

Can't recall GSP, JDS, JJ, or Aldo being humiliated like a little child for 5.5 rounds against an opponent before...

He doesn't really look for the ko, maybe doesn't trust his standup enough to commit. He barely ever throws a power shot, everything looks like a jab. I think when he fought Jake he tried out an overhand that rarely landed, but I can't recall him using that punch in other fights. I can't remember him ever winging a left hook, though I am sure he has at some point. He's has a jump in, throw a 1 or 2 punch combo, then back out or go for the takedown, style.

He threw non stop over hand right haymakers at SHields head, hunting for the KO win. He looked like a bad version of Hermes Franca sitting down on his punches and throwing telegraphed punches that started at his hip and took an hour to land. it was obviously his game plan to seek a KO finish over Shields, thus his 'don't blink' comment before the fight.

I think it is obvious he does not have big punching power. And his entire career speaks to that as true. Haters continue to pretend he just has to want it or risk it and yet when he was fighting much lower comp and many say the much more aggressive GSp existed, he was not (t)koing guys with standing punches.

I think its his mentality wich is manifests itself in his style. He fight with a very wide stance with his front foot bearing most of his bodyweight. This enables him to either shoot in or jab at his leasure. The downside is that he cant put much pop in his rear side strikes. He fights in this style almost exclusively.

well I am a HUGE gsphater obviously but I will say one thing he has been fighting pretty duarable guys like Fitch, Kos and condit who are aside from a few fluke ko's are not easy to finish. HOWEVER there is absolutely NO excuse for the ww goat to go life and death with dan hardy, lose a round on the feet to jake shields and not finish thiago alves on the ground with or without a groin once that guy is on his back. gsp just isnt a finisher and isnt an exciting fighter, period.

How do you feel at Floyd Mayweather not being able to KO guys, despite being one of the all time greats? Sometimes fighters just don't have the mechanics for KO power, despite excellent skills and athleticism.

In terms of GSP not finishing the guys you mentioned (and ignoring he was blind fighting Shields), you could argue the reverse, there's no excuse for guys like Shields, Hardy, and Alves not to beat a guy without KO power ... but it would be wrong in both directions, and for the same reason - things are always easy if you don't have to do it yourself.

I'd be damned happy if I was able to achieve what GSP does in the cage, and except for a few guys like Anderson, so would everybody else. Everybody's a Monday morning quarterback from the safety of the couch, able to do everything better than the guys actually playing, but I suspect finishing Shields, Hardy and Alves is actually pretty hard, if you have to do it yourself.

Last edited:
if he fought like diaz he wouldn't be the ww champ lol

I have to agree with this.

That's why I think Diaz could be WW champ if he just fought smarter... He has the skills, he just needs to put it together better and not walk into punches so much...

Title says it all, with so much talk of fighters with KO power and the lack of any finishes by the WW Goat, what is really thie issue?

I don't think it's a lack of power, he's caved in Kos's orbital, has dropped plenty of people.

Just never puts there lights out.

I think it's a lack of accuracy, or intent to land in a lights out spot.

If the shot that had dropped fitch, or broken kos face had landed dead on the button, do you still think they would have not been ko'ed?

I've often wondered if George doesn't finish people on purpose to pad his stats, longer fights more stats.

He basically went from finishing every single fight, to none?

What really got me, as in the last fight with Condit, he had condit in trouble more than once on the feet, and didn't continue with the punches or strikes, but went to take down immediately, seeming to "save" condit, for more abuse, and more stat numbers later??

Anyone else ever ponder on this? I believe he has the power, and accuracy but chooses not to for the reasons stated above??

Clever screen name lol

Back