GSP's Muay Thai striking coach Phil Nurse has new trainee for huge event!

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com/wwe/story/...trainer-wrestlemania-32-the-undertaker-022516

It was one of the biggest surprises of the year this past Monday night when Shane McMahon made his triumphant return to WWE after leaving the company six years ago to pursue his own business ventures.

Following an altercation in the ring with his father Vince McMahon and sister Stephanie McMahon it was announced that Shane would return to wrestling with a matchup against The Undertaker at WrestleMania 32 on April 3 in Dallas, Texas.

To get prepared for his upcoming match, McMahon has enlisted the help of noted Muay Thai striking coach Phil Nurse, who is best known for his work with former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

Why is he training real fighting for a fake fight? Flashy moves? I don't get it.

Why is he training real fighting for a fake fight? Flashy moves? I don't get it.

Some people train for the love of it and to get in shape unlike your fat ass that just sits on the computer judging people who are better than you.

My guess, is since Taker is a huge MMA fan and so is Shane that they will incorporate as many planned MMA spots as possible.
Shane has been nowhere near a wrestling match in years and is something like 46.
Makes sense they try to have a different style match than others that do "WWE" better than he can.

Phil always had GSP's back .....

hqdefault.jpg

I'm sure he'll be there for Shane O Mac as well

Leg kicks in a wrestling match. Very effective against the prodding Undertaker.

Leg kicks in a wrestling match. Very effective against the prodding Undertaker.

Shane should be working with a BJJ coach to try and counter Undertakers World Class Jitz ...Shane can do all the Muay Thai he wants but once Taker hits the Tombstone and transitions into the Gogoplata it's game over for Shane O Mac ....."imo"

Shane should be working with a BJJ coach to try and counter Undertakers World Class Jitz ...Shane can do all the Muay Thai he wants but once Taker hits the Tombstone and transitions into the Gogoplata it's game over for Shane O Mac ....."imo"

That might be next week!

Some people train for the love of it and to get in shape unlike your fat ass that just sits on the computer judging people who are better than you.
Whoa, first off dude you don't know me. You have never seen me or met me and know absolutely nothing about me. Other than what I have posted in the past. To tell someone not to judge, then go on to judge someone you don't know, is pretty hypocritical. Shit like that is what gives this place a bad reputation.

That might be next week!

lol awesome, always loved Shane ..wish Vince gave him the reigns of the WWE rather then Triple H and Steph ...Shane would have taken the WWE into far greater creative territory not many could not even had dreamed of.....

Great to see Shane back in the spotlight on WWE.

tumblr_mab7assTk41raz5ixo1_250.gif
shane-s-fall-o.gif
shane-mcmahon-jumps-off-titantron.gif

That is interesting. Not sure the outcome they want from this a win for Shane means he may control Raw. It entertaining, even if scripted.

Phil Nurse is literally the reason you can't put grease on people anymore.

That is interesting. Not sure the outcome they want from this a win for Shane means he may control Raw. It entertaining, even if scripted.

lol awesome, always loved Shane ..wish Vince gave him the reigns of the WWE rather then Triple H and Steph ...Shane would have taken the WWE into far greater creative territory not many could not even had dreamed of.....

Great to see Shane back in the spotlight on WWE.

HHH in charge creatively is good for the company.
He is on his own with NXT and killing it there.
Vince is the creative problem.

HHH in charge creatively is good for the company.
He is on his own with NXT and killing it there.
Vince is the creative problem.

Thanks for the info, i've been out of the loop for some years ...

I suppose age is taking its toll on Vince's creative forces?

Phil creeps me out. He always looks like he ran out of an 80's Michael Jackson music video.

Thanks for the info, i've been out of the loop for some years ...

I suppose age is taking its toll on Vince's creative forces?

Yeah, HHH is doing everything Vince is against
signing smaller guys, indy guys, Japanese guys and actually getting females that can perform and not models.
He also opened up The Performance Center.
There are guys that rather stay at NXT, because once they go main roster, Vince screws it up.

Shane was ahead of the curve though and wanted Vince to fund a purchase of UFC & Pride before Zuffa bought them and tried getting people to join in to buy Strikeforce.
But supposedly his wrestling ideas are out of whack according to guys like Meltzer.
So when push came to shove, Vince went with Steph/HH & then Shane went and lost millions on a few business deals on his own (sports management & Chinese On Demand streaming)

Back