GSP's Manager Says No Return in 2015

Two major ACL injuries and a boss who shows you absolutely no respect =/= returning.

Meh. I'm over it.

I remember somewhere around 2004-2005 when it finally sunk in that Barry Sanders was never going to play football again.

I'll be damned if I put myself through that again.

Remember when NFL starting running backs on most teams were not treated like a commodity?

As for GSP missing another year of fighting... it will only get harder and harder to come back as a top tier fighter.

I love GSP but the one thing that gets on my nerves about him is his unwillingness to just be straight up. The man is retired, he's not coming back, just like he wasn't going to fight Silva, it's not a knock, but stop jerking the chain

I love GSP but the one thing that gets on my nerves about him is his unwillingness to just be straight up. The man is retired, he's not coming back, just like he wasn't going to fight Silva, it's not a knock, but stop jerking the chain

GSP is not jerking anyone's chain, he is not talking about coming back. All he has said is maybe someday, but he's never led anyone to believe it will happen, and definitely not in 2015. That's other people.

GSP is not jerking anyone's chain, he is not talking about coming back. All he has said is maybe someday, but he's never led anyone to believe it will happen, and definitely not in 2015. That's other people.

I'm just saying he should remove the possibility and officially retire. I personally don't think he ever plans to come back so his manager saying no comeback this year just sounds stupid

Ya, that's what I've been saying. If he does come back, it's most likely going to be in 2016. If he doesn't in that time frame, don't expect him to return at all.

I'm just saying he should remove the possibility and officially retire. I personally don't think he ever plans to come back so his manager saying no comeback this year just sounds stupid

I think it's still a possibility. He has not reached the point where he has decided he will not come back, so why retire? He is not teasing with a possible return every month, he's just honest saying right now he has no plans to fight again, maybe someday he will.

I think it's still a possibility. He has not reached the point where he has decided he will not come back, so why retire? He is not teasing with a possible return every month, he's just honest saying right now he has no plans to fight again, maybe someday he will.

I agree with you. I actually think GSP has been very straight up and shared a lot of personal observations that he didn't have to. I don't think he knows for sure whether he will ever fight again.

GSP isn't fueling a bunch of speculation about his return. Instead it is Zuffa and his fans (and, strangely enough, his haters as well) who are always discussing what GSP may do next

My 2c, GSP should come back at LW where he won't need his movement so much, IF he comes back. It would be so much easier for him as well.

I agree with you. I actually think GSP has been very straight up and shared a lot of personal observations that he didn't have to. I don't think he knows for sure whether he will ever fight again.

GSP isn't fueling a bunch of speculation about his return. Instead it is Zuffa and his fans (and, strangely enough, his haters as well) who are always discussing what GSP may do next

Agreed. The only one talking about GSP constantly are the UFC brass. He should take the time to weigh his options. He's leaving an amazing legacy, and is still able to make considerable money through endorsements by using his clean cut, goody two-shoes image. If he does come back, it's purely out of love for competition.

UFC doesn't deserve him, nor does the ungrateful so called fans of mma who took all he brought to the sport for granted.

As much as i loved and respected GSP i think this is right, he retired on a 12 fight winning streak and 9 straight title defenses(overall 25-2 record)

There was never a more respectable figure in the sport than him, he avenged both of his losses and was always a gentleman, someone who I would actually say could be a role model and a cage fighter. GSP is GOAT in my eyes

I completely agree with both of these posts.

My 2c, GSP should come back at LW where he won't need his movement so much, IF he comes back. It would be so much easier for him as well.

I agree and I actually said this for awhile (not all the time but here and there) . . . Over his career (particularly after Serra 2 and Penn 2) his relative size to the division shrunk nearly with every fight. By the end he was no longer even an average-sized WW. I doubt he would do it, but he could drop to LW and be the greatest LW champ of all time too. MW was never something that was going to happen once the sport took off.

He's never coming back, then. Or at least he shouldn't.

His legacy is of the highest stuff, so I guess it's just as well that he hangs 'em up for good.
couldn't say it any better

why come back?

he has done it all and retired with the belt & a win.
Mission accomplished, now sit back and enjoy what you worked for imo.

Not surprising.

WW isn't composed of guys like Hardy, Kos, and Fitch anymore. He knows he got his ass whooped against Hendricks and doesn't want anymore of that, obviously.

He couldn't even get to 30 fights in his career lol he's a single defense away from trying Anderson Silva for most in UFC history and he won't even take that chance!

Safest champion in MMA history.

Eh does Tonycpa really want him to come back? I'm a GSP nuthugger and I'd be much happier if he stayed retired, leaving the sport on top is rare rare thing.

Back