GSP's Manager Says No Return in 2015

sanders3.gif

I'd only care if he came back for superfights. The welterweight division is more interesting without him.

some of you guys seem a little obsessed with tonycpa. maybe you need a hug?

The longer he waits, the worse he becomes. Best to not come back at all then and retain his legacy.

Coming back now probably wouldn't be a great idea. Coming back in 2016 would be foolish.

Hell yeah. As much as a liked watching gsp dominate for years, he did plenty in his career and he went out on top.

GSP bulking up for super fight with AS or the Chris before retirement $$$ . Erebody know that

posturing for negotiation, he'll fight in 2015.

I thought a possible GSP return in 2015 was the reason the UFC scrapped Rory's title shot.

That's too bad but I'm not surprised. Best of luck to Georges

Well, if they aren't going to say he is officially retired, I'm going to assume he is bulking up for MW. He did say in the past that if he were going to move up, it would take some time. Maybe he is finally doing it.

His team already said if he fought at MW he would not bulk up. GSP can't bulk up for MW, he is a LW who bulked up for WW. It would be like Bendo fighting at MW (Bendo is actually slightly bigger than GSP based on him competing in grappling events in the 190's, and GSP usually running 185 and being the smallest top WW in the UFC).

C'mon dude he had years to bulk up for MW and he's ducked Silva for years.

Jones/Cain would be more similar weight than GSP/Silva. Is Jones ducking Cain? Silva has fought at 170 and supposedly said he could make 170 for a GSP fight, yet when he had the chance for a superfight in Abu Dhabi he clowned and Dana cancelled it. GSP was in Abu Dhabi.

I'd only care if he came back for superfights. The welterweight division is more interesting without him.

I more or less agree. I would like him to come back and fight at 155. Aldo/GSP. At 155 they would both weigh the same on fight night I imagine.

Back