GSP'S fight weight was 191lb against Bisping

Thanks for that. I just listened to the great GSP interview on the MMAhour.

GSP said he threw up his breakfast the morning of the fight and couldn't get back up to the weight he was before the cut.
He was 194 in the camp for Shields, felt bad, and could only get back to 190 for fight night then too.

Andre Ward called Shields the best boxer on Cesar Gracie's team, ahead of the Dias brothers.

GSP had Shields in his training camp this time. He is a very underrated fighter who should still be in the UFC.

These guys are always full of shit about gsp’s weight.

I’m pretty sure they do it for mind games for their opponents

There is no way he was only 3lbs heavier than the claimed 187 he used to be at.

He looks like a totally different fighter.

Hughes has said forever that he is 195lbs in the cage and they Goerge is full of shit about his cage weight. Said GSP had to be over 200 when they fought.

Very early in George’s career he was claimed to be over 200 in the cage, then they started saying he was smaller and smaller.

All the while getting bigger and bigger.

Woodley is 200 easy, he looked like a little kid standing next to Goerge.

George wasn’t gassed, he said he was moving slower on purpose to change up the timing for bisping.

And the neck thing

Hughes has said forever that he is 195lbs in the cage and they Goerge is full of shit about his cage weight. Said GSP had to be over 200 when they fought.

Very early in George’s career he was claimed to be over 200 in the cage, then they started saying he was smaller and smaller.

George wasn’t gassed, he said he was moving slower on purpose to change up the timing for bisping.

And the neck thing

Hughes has no idea what he's talking about. He doesn't look totally different, he looked slightly bigger. He was not over 200lbs early in his career, that is just complete fake news.

190+ with abs at 5'10 is beyond beastly naturally. When I was benching 275 and deadlifting 440 at 5'10 I was weighing 165 and had zero ab definition. At gsps bodyfat level, same height I'm all of 155 pounds (yet still carrying enough muscle to deadlift 400, BW military etc).

Not surprised he could put on a little bit of size but no more, the guys frame is maxed out. It's incredible he's the size he is quite frankly.

Totally agree, I just don't want to hear people saying he fought at 190 lbs... He looked great imo... It's going to take a minute to get used to carrying the extra weight obviously. I don't think he has cardio issues in his next fight.

The fact of the matter is a fighting shape GSP is ~190. He had to stuff himself for months to get above 195. He was a normal size welterweight before, now he is a big welterweight. Most middleweights would be in fighting shape around 200 - 205+ pounds.

Last edited:

hmm... GSP may have been inaccurate here. He woke up the morning of the fight weighing 191 lb, tried to eat and threw up.... so he assumed that he weighed 191 before the fight. Your evening weight is almost always higher than your morning weight.

Andre Ward called Shields the best boxer on Cesar Gracie's team, ahead of the Dias brothers.

GSP had Shields in his training camp this time. He is a very underrated fighter who should still be in the UFC.

Shields is the most underrated fighter in history. He's had a tremendous career. Most peoples would look at his record and not believe who he has beat.

hmm... GSP may have been inaccurate here. He woke up the morning of the fight weighing 191 lb, tried to eat and threw up.... so he assumed that he weighed 191 before the fight. Your evening weight is almost always higher than your morning weight.

Pretty sure he and his team weighed him thoughout the day.

he was around 192 for the Shields fight I remember, and that was the heaviest he was ever for a fight

And the neck thing

there's zero way any fighter cuts 30 pounds of water, not even Rumble at WW. Hughes is full of shit. 20 pounds of water is already probably pushing it let alone 25-30

The only people that claim that stupid shit is Dolce

I listened to his press conference and he said he couldn't get his body to go past 191. He said he was 195 in camp if I recall correctly.

Basically he isn't much bigger than he was at WW and doesn't seem like he can get much bigger. Oh well.

If he fights Whittaker he will be fighting another former WW. After that I tend to think he drops (but unlike some other guy, if he is still champ I think GSP will vacate to let the division move forward)

190+ with abs at 5'10 is beyond beastly naturally. When I was benching 275 and deadlifting 440 at 5'10 I was weighing 165 and had zero ab definition. At gsps bodyfat level, same height I'm all of 155 pounds (yet still carrying enough muscle to deadlift 400, BW military etc).

Not surprised he could put on a little bit of size but no more, the guys frame is maxed out. It's incredible he's the size he is quite frankly.
190 at 5 10 with abs is definitely tough, but I am 5 11, 183 lbs, much smaller than GSP with some abs outline showing.

there's zero way any fighter cuts 30 pounds of water, not even Rumble at WW. Hughes is full of shit. 20 pounds of water is already probably pushing it let alone 25-30

30lbs isn't a stretch considering Drew Dober was told he would have to move up a weight class by the CA commission when he weighed 184lbs on fight night for a 155lb fight. If he's cutting that much, lots of others in the UFC are as well.

When I watched the Bisping fight, St.Pierre appeared to much bigger to me than he was as a welterweight.
After hearing he was only 190 against Danaher, I tried to compare pictures of the Bisping fight and Shields fights:

Shields:
georges-stpierre-punches-jake-shields-during-their-welterweight-bout-picture-id113297203

Bisping:
636454779702004077-USP-MMA--UFC-217-Bisping-vs-St-Pierre.1.jpg

Shields: (pre fight without pump)
st-pierre-vs-shields-ufc-129-0266.jpg

Bisping:
hi-res-0b28af17b72a543389138d94e06640a9_crop_north.jpg

Alright it definitely looks like GSP is going to try and get out of the unification match. The way he's talked about it now makes it clear.

Unfortunate, I guess, but understandable.

Alright it definitely looks like GSP is going to try and get out of the unification match. The way he's talked about it now makes it clear.

Unfortunate, I guess, but understandable.

That's exactly what he's doing.

Back